What's new

Memento AND The Net Special Edition April 2, 2002 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think the guy who makes these decisions at Columbia has a drinking problem.
What's with all the lame re-releases?
Marc, I'm glad you said it before me. Wow! Can't they put that effort into something worthwhile? Sheesh!!!
I barely picked up that film when it was $9.99, and only because of A) it was computer-related and B) Sandra B. in a bikini (well, it wasn't gonna be Speed 2!). Honestly, no other reasons. Certainly not the plot or the acting or Dennis Miller. :eek:
I cannot imagine EVER picking up the SE of this film!

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I was thinking the same thing about the Net. I thought Sandra Bullock's career was all but over now. It would be nice if they'd do an SE of A League of Their Own. I figure they will eventually.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Hey, I really like the Net. I think it has a great plot. It's a movie that actually makes you think. I can't wait for the special edition. I already own the original, I guess, it's time to e-bay.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Just to clarify:

Although the Canadian release of Memento has a chronological chapter index, you get kicked back out to the index after every chapter. There is no way to view the film uninterrupted chronologically. Add to that the absence of ANY other features, and I'd suggest a pass on this version.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would like a commentary by the Nolan brothers.

I would like it if they included the excellent interview with them from NPR's fresh air.

Anything else would be icing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I, too, just bought Memento over Christmas. (mumble grumble) :)
The current version is nice release, with a few worthwhile extras. Memento is a movie, like "The Straight Story" that works well, perhaps best, without additional commentary.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I'm getting the new Memento SE, since I've being holding off bying the current version. I should hope to see a chronological version of the movie as an extra feature (hopefully via seamless branching)...

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Yay, held off buying Memento. This is good news. And I'm embarrased to say that I love The Net. Sandra Bullock rules! :D With The Game, The Royal Tenenbaums, Bottle Rocket unofficially coming from Criterion, this has been one kick-ass week for upcoming DVD announcements!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I just came here from DVDShrine, where I discovered that there will be a Special Edition of Memento released on April 2. The article didn't have any details, but I just thought I'd pass along that little tidbit.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Aaaaaargh I really wish they'd announced this before the original came out. Still, not sorry I bought it even though I've only watched it once. It's a 2001 title, so I can get a nifty trade-in at a local joint and get the SE.

-Tom

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Darn, I thought this would be my first big news break, only to discover further down the forum that somebody else started a similar thread earlier. Doooooh!

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Although the Canadian release of Memento has a chronological chapter index, you get kicked back out to the index after every chapter. There is no way to view the film uninterrupted chronologically.
Actually, there is a way to view the film uninterrupted chronologically using the Canadian DVD -- you have to program your DVD player to play the chapters in a particular order. It's tedious, but possible. I've watched Memento once in chronological order, and it made me appreciate even more the cleverness of the intended non-chronological story.

MatS

Screenwriter
or this could be a joke. Memento SE street date April 2nd. Go backward one day and what do you have ... April fools ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks