What's new

Members in your home town (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I was thinking also about the 2001 HTF meet; I met alot of folks there.

Ron P:
Still looking forward to the Disneyland meet!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Believe me Im not happy with it either. :angry:

I had to buy a Cingular phone to get decent service. I loved AT&T.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I don't know if there are too many people in my area either, but I think it would be fun to get togther and go for pizza or have a equipment shootout or have everybody help me with yard work. Plus networking about good dealers too.

I wish more people would fill out their location and age as well.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Some people don't fill out the location because it might not be a good idea to have your full name and your location on a website where you talk about what kind of HT equipment you have in your home, and how many DVDs you have.

I know there are a few people in my area of PA. Although I've never met any of them, I'm fairly certain I've been in the same line as some of them at CC or BB on a Tuesday.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
It seems like there are at least half a dozen people near me (all of them named Philip, I believe). I'd love to have people over to watch a movie really loud, but my fear is that upon asking my wife about inviting over some "virtual acquaintances" from the HTF, she'll look at me like I just asked her to put on a hat made of dead kittens (or something).

StephenA

Screenwriter
I think there's some members that live near me in both Mass. and New Hampshire. Not sure if there's any that live in my town though.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
The big problem for me would be that any members here in San Antonio would almost certainly be Spurs fans. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :) :) :)

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor

Cool... We live in a new house near Oakwood Rd and Hwy 32.

I'm currently a professor at Carroll College, but it was just a temprary gig, so I'm looking for work in the area again.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Check out the following area on the HTF Forum:

National and Local Home Theater Forum Meets

There are several very active groups across the country.

In our Austin group, we have about forty or more HTFers that get together, of which about a dozen or more are regulars. Not only are the events fun, but I think everyone involved has benefited by sharing ideas and information on HT projects and often fellow local members will lend a much needed hand on various projects.

If you do not see a group posting in your area try initiating interest by starting a new thread. Do not be discouraged if you don't get any immediate responses. Just be sure to bump the thread once every few weeks to be sure those passing through can find it.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
We don't have many people out here, period...much less people with internet connections :D

Actually, I'm in a little podunk town about 20 minutes outside of Paducah. I think I've seen one or two other Paducahans on here, but they're not very active members...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Some HTF members in my home town, but I've never thought of meeting them.

In England, at Widescreen Weekend, I did meet two HTF members who don't live in my hometown, however.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'll add another recommendation to the National and Local Meets Section. I've personally hosted 4 meets now, and have attended a couple of others. They are definitely a lot of fun.

The first meet I attended was a four hour drive, but I was able to meet some really good guys who share the same hobby, and I was also able to see my first SVS in action. I finally branched off to start a more local group and, again, have met some really good guys. We just had a meet last weekend with a really good turnout for us. We're not anywhere near 40 members yet, but we're growing.

When I have more time, I'm going to post a little recap of the events of the last meet, and hopefully I'll be able to upload my screenshot contest to a site so everyone can check it out.

Anyway, start a thread in the Meets Section. Try multiple forums too. This forum is my home base, but I did receive a few replies elsewhere.

Good luck,
George

P.S. Just to give you an idea, here's a link to the recap thread of the third meet I hosted.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have seen a few from Oklahoma on here, and i know another is from Tulsa. Wonder if we were in Best Buy on Tues. at the same time? Who knows, id not know any of ya bums if i ever passed ya! :D

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

I hear ya there. I'm not sure how my wife would take it as well. Let us know if you change your mind though ;) . I've always wanted to attend/hold an event in the Denver area.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I just did a search of the member list and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I have about 20 other members living near me in my quiet, small town of Gainesville, FL. I wasn't expecting that many if any at all. I don't know if we could organize a meet but it might be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks