What's new

Member Subcriptions (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
After I sign in, clicking the Go Ad Free link, I see options to increase to Supporter or Patron which are more money. That's it.

Based on what Dave said, it seems like I will still be charged $12 when my renewal comes up and that's what the page says as long as I'm logged in. I'm good with that, so as long as that remains the case, I have no issue.
Confirmed you will still be charged your original rate

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I notice the price went up to $19.99 this year. I went ahead and renewed, but wondering what I am really getting for the rise in the price? I want to support this Forum and $12/year was such an easy decision for me, but now at $20/year I would like to get a bit more for the increase.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I notice the price went up to $19.99 this year. I went ahead and renewed, but wondering what I am really getting for the rise in the price? I want to support this Forum and $12/year was such an easy decision for me, but now at $20/year I would like to get a bit more for the increase.
Hi Rodney,

A big part of this is simply us covering our costs. A lot of what we give you with the premium membership is customized plugins for our forum software that we have to renew each year and we try our best to keep the prices reasonable. We are working on being able to offer our legacy members a coupon code to lock in their old price, but new sign-ups would have to sign up at the new rate, as that remains grandfathered in over time while our costs keep rising with inflation.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@Dave Upton , I received an email stating that my premium membership has expired, but when I login I show that it is still in effect and doesn't expire until May 8, 2023. Was this just a glitch in the Matrix?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Same here. Got mine yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.

But wait, there’s more! I also got another message, time-stamped at the same time, announcing my automatic renewal. So I guess I’m all right?

<—“Supporter” is what I am, is that correct?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
@Dave Upton

I just received another email:

Sorry for the unexepcted email. I wanted to let you know that your annual Premium subscription named Patron to Home Theater Forum has now expired.
Thank you for supporting HTF this past year. Without your support, we couldn't continue to generate great content, pay our server fees and put review product in the hands of our great team here. It is my sincere hope that your premium membership improved your experience on the site.
Just in case you might have forgotten, here's a quick refresher on the benefits your subscription provides:
  • Access to the HTF Dark Mode Theme
  • No Advertising
  • 500 Message Inbox Size
  • Premium Badge & Custom Title
  • 400x400 Signature with Links
  • Medium Sized Avatar
  • Medium Profile Picture
  • Adjustable Posts & Threads Per Page

I hope you will consider continuing your support for HTF, and helping keep this community a strong, indepenent source of home theater and film discussion.
You may renew your account upgrades here.
Sincerely,
Dave Upton

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Somehow all my email preferences got switched. I had to uncheck all of the below (checked it after I received an "activity summary email" that I'd never seen before). Somehow they had all been selected without my knowledge or consent.

1667417362577.png

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
I'm pretty sure I know what's causing these emails regarding membership status. I'm going to try and address the issue shortly.

In the meantime, you can disregard the emails. Sorry for the confusion.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now that the forum ownership has changed, who should I talk to in regards to an issue with my premium membership renewal?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My membership says it has expired, and I'm getting ads now, except the upgrade can't be processed. It says this account isn't authorized to process live transactions.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
@Jonathan , it appears it's currently not possible to upgrade accounts. At the end of the process a notice is given that the account isn't able to process live transactions.

I suspect you'd like users to be able to do upgrades. Mine expired today, and the ads are annoying, but I can't renew it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks