What's new

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Long time lurker, almost to 7 years! Damn thats 25% of my life!

The day after I joined I bought a first generation Sony DVD player and The Fifth Element on DVD.

Upgrading ever since.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm another who lost his "Member since" date during one of the software changes around here. And I've been hanging around so long I can't even guess when I started.

I do remember when there was one forum - and a lot of debate over splitting it into two, one for hardware and one for software. (That's also when folks were predicting that this DVD thing was just going to be a fad and that it would never approach the quality of laserdisc. I wonder how many current members have ever seen a laserdisc? :) )

Later,

Joe

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
This month marks my 10 year anniversary of being online. After a number of false starts, I had finally figured out how to make the modem on my 1987 Macintosh to work so I could use America Online. One of the first things I discovered on that was the Dolby Audio/Video Forum, and I was amazed to find out that there were actually other people who thought the way I did :)
I quickly proceeded to bitch about high laserdisc prices, and Digital Satellite Systems (which I still think are stupid). I later discovered Usenet which had a lot more freedom than AOL (I once had a post censored because I used the word "crap"!), and heard about the upcoming DVD format which I quickly lambasted since I didn't think digital video could work without being a pixellized mess. Thankfully that's one time I've been proven wrong.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I had to post to see if I'm an old timer too. You just don't see those post # milestones anymore. Coming up on 6 years next week.

We're not there yet. Close, but not quite.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So, to truly be special, I need a few more years with HTF and also need to...uhm...encourage a few members to "retire"... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread