What's new

Melrose Place (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
does anyone know how season 1 sold? I'm once again hooked and I know how Paramount can be with franchises that had music rights (look how long it took us to get more Happy Days), has season 1 sold well enough to expect a season 2 sometime early/midway into 2007 or is this another series where the fans get screwed because season 1 wasn't quite the show it's best known for (like Dynasty, Night Court and plenty others)?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
thats a really good question.. dont want the same to happen to ME like it did with MURPHY BROWN

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, if it's about music rights alone, then I'd say we'll see MP soon, seeing as how Paramount simply removed most of the music anyway. They did the same to 90210. More troubling might be the later seasons when there were always guest bands on every episode....

Brent_H

Second Unit
maybe that's why they're removing all the music now...to offset the cost of the rights for bands in the later eps.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well chalk up at least one more purchase. I just bought the set a few hours ago as a Christmas gift for my mother. :) I hope these sets are selling well, especially 90210. I'd love to see that series through to completion.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
ThomasMon said:
TVonDVD really needs to post how these sets sell!!!!
yea, I agree.. there should be a separate chart for TV-DVD titles much like how music DVD's have their own chart. I wouldn't be surprised if such doesn't happen eventually, would be interesting to see a top 40 list for those per week much like how there's a top 40 music DVD list

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
ThomasMon said:
TVonDVD really needs to post how these sets sell!!!!
I assume you mean TVShowsOnDVD.com
I'd love to post that information, except we don't have access to it. Videoscan is the industry leader in sales information, but apparently it's $30,000 or more for access to the information, every year, and unfortunately I don't have that kind of money lying around.
Gord

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I was very pleased with the packaging; it's attractive and smart looking. The content was pretty good but they need to do more current interviews with the stars and stuff. Half of them are still working, more or less. Two of them are on Desperate Housewives, Heather Locklear, Grant Show and Daphne Zuniga are on tv all the time...not sure about the rest of the cast. But I know they're still out there and willing to share memories for the dvds. Some commentaries would be a plus for the next seasons...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I agree, I was surprised that Darren Star was the only person who granted interviews and the rest of it was vintage footage. I understand where maybe Savant and Cross might be a little busy because of Housewives, and Locklear and Thorne-Smith have projects as well, but come on, it's not like Josie Bissett or Thomas Calabro would exactly say no if asked to do an interview for a Melrose Place DVD.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i purchased season 5, volume 2 of Melrose Place. I have also watched the dvd and must say the show went down hill after season 5, especially losing characters like Allison, Jake and Sydney. Season #6 and #7 were ok season, but, were not the same as 1-5. I did not like the introduction of characters like Coop, Lexi, Eve into the story line. I will still buy the show, because i like to complete my collection.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am wondering if we are going to see the 6th season of melrose place come out this year. I believe November is when Season 5, Volume 2 came out. So, we could still be early in the game. I think Melrose Place started to fall in the ratings after 6th season with departure of Alison/Jake.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by younger1968 /forum/thread/248328/melrose-place#post_3656440
i am wondering if we are going to see the 6th season of melrose place come out this year. I believe November is when Season 5, Volume 2 came out. So, we could still be early in the game. I think Melrose Place started to fall in the ratings after 6th season with departure of Alison/Jake.
It did; Season 6 just wasn't the same...and season 7 was even worse. There were only like 1 or 2 original characters left on the show at that time, because Andrew Shue and Doug Savant left it (where the HELL has Andrew Shue been keeping himself these days? lol) I didn't think much of Season 7, but it does wrap up the storylines nicely enough. I wish they'd get those last two seasons out before we start getting dvds of the new series...

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
To me, Alison's departure was a blessing. I couldn't stand her, always thought she was a self-centered idiot with a knack at creating her own problems and blaming other people in the process. I still think Billy should have left along with her as he was completely useless in Season 6. To this day, I still think of Andrew Shue as the worst actor that ever lived and certainly hope he'll stay away from what he has the nerve to call "acting" permanently. I was however completely devastated by the way my beloved Sydney was written out and I was also disappointed with what the new show has done with her, even though Laura Leighton is still a great underrated actress who did her best with the material she was given.

I absolutely hated Season 6 but found Season 7 to be a slight improvement over it, even though the show no longer had much to do with the glorious years of seasons 2 to 5. Being a completist, I will most definitely still buy those seasons if/when they are released. Perhaps we should ask Gary O. who seems to be in the know as far as CBS/Paramount shows are concerned. What has me worried is that the original Melrose has fallen way behind the original 90210 (which is down to one season left) on the DVD release front.

Regarding the characters introduced from Season 5 on, please don't get me started on characters like Taylor, Coop and Jennifer but I'll confess I loved Megan and Lexi. In Season 7, even though it was poorly introduced, I thought that Eve's thirst for revenge over Amanda was entirely justified. The girl spent fifteen years in jail for a murder she didn't commit, she had every right to be mad about it, IMHO.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Good thing about life there is never a right or wrong there is just opinion. I actually like Allison's character along with Jake. I like the plot the first 4 season, but, the show started to add to many characters and sub plot lines. The show basically replace majority of its cast going into the sixth season and seventh season. I will buy episodes and if they come out.

BTW: i have no interest in the new Melrose Place and i will never watch that show, especially when the cast at one time included Jessica's sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks