What's new

Melody (1971) Mark Lester Jack Wild (1 Viewer)

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
When are we going to see this little gem of a movie available to us? Anyone who sees this and is not immediately taken with the basic story of young love really has a hard heart. We need this on dvd.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I've got an Eastern R0 DVD of this.

It's fullscreen and there is substantial room for improvement as far as the sound and picture goes, but it'll do.

I managed to buy it online from some USA store, but I can't for the life of me remember where or how to find it again.

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
That disc was a bootleg, I'm almost sure. I searched for it and the only place I heard that it was from was China. This is a movie that needs a release. It was in widescreen the other night on local tv. If it comes on again, I guess I'll have to record it. It's not even on in VHS. What a shame.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Wow, someone else knows this film besides me. I've only seen this once as a child and I immediately fell in love with it. Scenes still stick in my memeory 27 years later. It also had a great soundtrack with music by the Bee Gees and Crosby Stills Nash & Young. I would die if this came out on DVD.

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Some other people need to come on board with this. Please studios, if you are looking at the forums, this would be easy to get done. It should be in widescreen, of course, and hopefully in 16x9.

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Something about the history of this movie. It was not very popular when first released, but then I think people took it too seriously. In Japan, however, it has been a great hit and any shows showing where the main actors are today are always popular among the Japanese audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks