What's new

megshift transducer (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I have an old 8 inch car subwoofer that I havent used in years. I was thinking of placing it in the riser of my home theater to create some sore megshift bass transducer. what do you guys think.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Wasn't sure what you meant. You mean makeshift? What you are talking about is called Infinite Baffle. Do a search on that and you should be able to find some links to info on it.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Sorry for being vague. What I meant was I have a an old subwoofer I that I use to have in my car and I have and old pioneer elite pro logic receiver. I am thinking of taking the sub out of it's cabinet and attatching it to the in side of my riser hoping that it will rattle and vibrate the riser on loud bass heavy scenes during movie watching. What I am asking has anyone in the forum done anything similar or if you guys think that it will work.

As for the infinate baffle. I built two large entertainment cabinets that about 71 inches tall, 21 1/2 inches wide, and 24 inches deep. I built into a wall of my theater but only ended up using one of them. I've been thinking about turning the unused one into an enclosure and putting either two or three 12 inch or 15 inch subwoofer. I know there is more involved than just slapping the subs in their, I just want opinion on whether this sound feasable or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks