megapixels?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

How many megapixels is the minumum you guys would get on a digital camera?? I dont really wanna print any out, just look at them on the sceen. Is 1 megapixel enough to look good on the computer screen?

thanks

2. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

As a quick comment, since I'm too lazy to do anything else, a 1.3 megapixel translates into a file with a resolution of 1280x1024. Therefore, if you are looking at the picture on a resolution of 1280x1024 or lower, then it will be fine.

3. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

Anthony,

I would agree would John. I bought just for fun this summer the digital Polaroid I-zone camera. I dont even think it is a mega-pixel and it was giving me some fun shots to throw right on my computer and play around with. Of course the flash and lense did not take the best picture in the world but for $39.00 what else could I ask for.

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Anthony, if your only looking at it on a computer monitor than one megapixel is enough. If you ever want to print photos I'd recommend 2.1MP as a minimum and 3.1MP as prefferable.

Patrick

5. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

6. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

thanks for all the info, guys

looks like ill stick with the 1 MP camera

7. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Denward,

She's a doll! Best of luck. My little Keri Rose was born August 2nd. I'll have to get some pics on the web.

Anthony,

If the price difference isn't too high you may want a 2 megapixel camera. You say you aren't printing the photos now but you may want to, down the road. I have a Canon 2 megapixel and it's great. Prints awesome photos and you can change the setting for all different resolutions.

8. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    We bought a Casio 3.4 megapixel camera last year, with a built in microdrive. All I can say is WOW! You can store over 100 of the highest quality pictures on it without downloading. The quality is almost perfect. Hard to tell the difference between a photo and a digital printed on a quality printer.