What's new

Megadeth to Release Live DVD and CD 3-19 (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
MEGADETH TO RELEASE FIRST-EVER LIVE ALBUM ON MARCH 19, 2002; TWO-CD SET 'RUDE AWAKENING' CONTAINS 24 SONGS; 'RUDE AWAKENING' LIVE DVD AND VHS HOME VIDEO ALSO PLANNED.
Goto www.megadeth.com for the full press release.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Great news it's about time they put out a live concert album/video, I have "Rusted Pieces" and "Exposure of A Dream" on LD and they only have a few live concert clips. I did record their "Woodstock 99"[f*ck'n ass kick'n !] concert and they are one of those bands that are even more awesome live !
bodymov'n :cool:

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Mike you may want to know that they are releasing Killing is my business album completley remastered and remixed in Feb. I also agree that they are awesome live. Dave has so much energy on stage and his guitar skills are great. I for one can't wait for this disc to be released.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
It's about time that Megadeth releases a live album! I for one, can't wait. Now if we could just get some DVD video releases from them. I'd like to see a live DVD and a music video collection DVD.

I've seen Megadeth live three times over the years (opening for Dio in 1988, opening for Judas Priest in 1990, and headlining on New Years Eve 1992) and I really think they are an excellent live band.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
After checking out www.megadeth.com I see that the DVD release will be out soon as well.
Then there was the controversy over including the band's cover version of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'", which appeared on the original release. Says Mustaine, "We are including 'These Boots' but with all of the words that I changed 'beeped' out. Also, there is a note from me explaining why we took it off and what we had to do to put it back on."
According to the music lawyers, Mustaine was ordered to omit his 'vile and offensive lyrics' to acquire permission to use it. Mustaine adds, "I know there will be some who say 'waaaaah! Dave said he wouldn't censor it!' Well guess what? I changed my mind due to overwhelming requests to include it."

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
It it will be a while on a slayer DVD they are in the process of getting a new drummer. So all there time will be spent on that. I`m not sure if they really want a dvd out. When I saw them in november they weren`t into being filmed.

As for megadeth there live shows ain`t what they used to be, I saw them a couple months ago and It was kind of lame. They don`t play enough of the older stuff that made them big, now all they play is there new crap. Oh well, I have a ton of live shows on dvd/vhs so atleast I`m set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks