Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Discussion in 'Music' started by L. Anton Dencklau, Sep 10, 2004.

1. L. Anton Dencklau

L. Anton Dencklau Second Unit

2. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

great record ... had the promo for over a month already and it grew on me considerably.

not an instant record, it needs some time to fully sink in.

glad to see Dave back at his political ranting best [​IMG]

by the way, www.vh1.com has the whole record up on the site streaming.

3. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

I just heard about this new release from my friend last night. He said that Chris Polland is back! Thats enough for me to do a blind purchase no questions asked. That guy is one incredible guitar player. Ok, I'll stop gushing now and start waiting patiently for tuesday.

4. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I am just amazed that Vinnie Colaiuta is playing drums for Megadeth! I am a fan of his jazz/fusion stuff so this is a welcome change. He is so versatile but doesn't get much recognition. I loved his solo (self-titled) album.

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Interesting.

My sister's friend gave us a CD-R of this thing and we haven't gotten around to hearing it.

The last Megadeth record I like is Youthenasia. I actually thought they broke up, I guess I was wrong.

Very surprising to see Claiuta's name involved with this project. I'll definitely give it a listen.

6. MickeS

MickeS Producer

They did. Dave said he'd stop playing guitar even, after he got sick and couldn't use his hand properly, if I remember correctly. I'm surprised they have a new record out! I will give it a listen at the VH1 site.

/Mike

7. TedT

TedT Second Unit

Yeah, isn't this basically a solo Dave record? Junior isn't even on here.

8. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
  9. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

I will pick this up! last time I seen them was in 99' ? front row at the avalon in boston. great show!!!

I am glad he is back! I will say when I heard die dead enough on the radio I was suprised how comparable it was to countdown(sort of) but more along cryptic writings and youth!

good to hear the rest of the cd rocks! guess I have to pick it up. didnt want to in case it was blah. not much of anything today is worth the buy. even oldie but goodie bands which megadeth is now. still from an interview I heard he has a new outlook on recording and writing again.

bought.....

this cd is great!!!

like Pantera I like it when Megadeth slows it down and like it when they are between mid tempo and rockin it out. thrash I am not a fan of.

this cd rocks and is way better than risk which was a too much trying to copy cat of past albums and to me was over produced or not enough, could never put my finger on it.

I think The System Has Failed rocks but 2 cuts. Blackmail and Kick the Chair I don't care for(not terrible) but the rest of the cd is classic!!!

glad I picked this up and also Velvet Revolver. this is the first time I have bought any cd's besides re-releases of SACD/DVD-A in 10 years atleast. prob longer. I wish alot of older bands would put out something this good. Megadeth shows your not dead and they sound better than ever. but we all know DM is Megadeth no matter who is in the band.

to think DM almost packed it in. man what a shame if he did for good as we would never have heard this. again, great CD!

10. Jerry Hostler

Jerry Hostler Stunt Coordinator

I'm really liking the new album. [​IMG] Especially "Kick The Chair" and "Scorpion". I'm sure the other songs will grow on me also.

I was really surprised that they put out another album because I had also read that Dave "retired" after the hand injury. I'm glad he decided to put out another album though. They've been one of my favorites ever since "Peace Sells..." came out.

Jerry

11. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

if it were not for DM what else is there to listen to ?

Thanks Megadeth!!!

12. David_Moechnig

David_Moechnig Stunt Coordinator

I was under the impression that Nick Menza was back as the drummer for this album. Either way I'm going to go pick this one up this weekend sometime.

13. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Nick Menza is only playing on the tour.

Brion