Megadeth remasters

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Metal-heads,

I just picked up the new remaster "deluxe" version of Megadeth's Killing Is My Business. Great sound, great album.

Does anyone know if they're going to come out with a remaster of Peace Sells? If any old-school Megadeth album deserves the fine treatment, it's this one.

"What do ya mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind."

I haven't heard So Far So Good in a long time. I don't remember liking it as much. What do folks think of it in comparison to other Megadeth albums, and will it also be re-released?

While we're on Megadeth, do you folks think they've been sliding downhill? A lot of people feel that Countdown To Extinction is their "Black" album- after that, they got weak. I like Youthenasia a lot, though, but Cryptic Writings doesn't hold my interest very much. Risk was just abysmal, IMO, and the latest was just re-hashing the older stuff but without its "bite."

Still, Peace Sells, Rust In Peace, and Countdown will always be at the top of my metal collection.

2. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Well I still haven't tracked down the 'deluxe' version yet, but as far as I know there aren't any more re-masters coming. But, on March 19, Rude Awakening, 2CD-live music from the Hero tour, cover art is terrific.
    http://www.megadeth.com/rude.html
    And on April 9, the DVD version of Rude Awakening. I saw the Hero tour in Minneapolis, and they have recovered from the 'Risk' mistake for sure. I doubt that they can ever get back to the level of what KIMB or Peace Sells is at, but I very much like some of the riffs from Return to Hangar and Dread & the Fugitive Mind from Hero. The live Dread is cranked up in speed a notch and is awesome. Cryptic is a little softer, Marty Friedman influence, but has some interesting material.

3. Jesper Nielsen

Jesper Nielsen Auditioning

I like the most Megadeth stuff.. I prefer Megadeth over Mettalica or should I say, I like'em both those M&M! [​IMG]
    I can't wait for the DVD tour concert and I hope its high quality (picture & sound)
    Any specifications?

4. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Originally it was supposed to be a live concert in Beunos Airies, but after what happened on Sept. 11 the band changed their minds about leaving continental USA. The DVD must have been from one of the final shows on the Iced Earth leg. The fans chose the setlists through the Megadeth website.