What's new

Mega-Tornament Blow-out: The Best Film of the Last 35 Years. (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Nominate:
Nashville
Second:
Gosford Park
The Last Picture Show

Third:
The Last Temptation of Christ
Rushmore

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I am the only one who finds this tournament to be frighteningly, overwhelmingly, humongous? I honestly would love to participate more, but can't, because there's just too much information flying around.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
What Andrew said all the way. :confused: I nominated a film that had already had a nom, second and third.
Too much data! :)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
I love it. But they shouldn't hand out nods like they were sacred cows. I say open the floodgates. To get this thing up to 256, we should get 10 more noms, seconds, and thirds. Just have LIMITS to how many a person could post at a time. I think this tourney would be amazingly awesome if 256 films made the cut. Imagine the diversity! Not to mention the unpredictablity! If a female celebrity tourney can have that many entries, then surely a tourney featuring the Last 35 Years of Great Filmmaking can have that many Contenders! I say, let's be allowed to run it up! (also I still have tons of great Noms that I wanna throw out and I'm dying to get them into contention!):)

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Ric 100%. I am so lost in this thread! I've handed out seconds and thirds to the same movie twice (thanks for pointing that out Vickie :b ).

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I think the "thirding" process is what makes this tournament so confusing. It's completely unnecessary in my opinion.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I too think the thirding process is pointless, and would rather just have seconds. I guess my noms that Erik thirded aren't in then. :frowning: That sucks.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd point out that Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and Animal House are not on the Master List, but have both received a third (Matt Chmiel,Post #26).

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Tom Ryan, you get a second back (I'd already seconded The Royal Tenenbaums. Do you want to make that a Third?).

You do get a third back because Se7en is in. It was nominated by ErikG, seconded by Justin_S and thirded by Iain Jackson).

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
The real problem is that we don't have enough updates. That's why almost everyone is confused.
Forgive me for butting in, but I could post updates a couple/few times a day, John, if it's ok with you. As I said, I'm keeping track in an Excel worksheet. This is the first BIG tourney I've gotten in on from the beginning, so I wanted to make it easy on myself and know exactly where things were wrt noms, 2nds and 3rds.

Cary T

Screenwriter
I agree with everyone here that something needs to be done to get the tournament rolling. More(a whole lot more) nominations, less entries, or less restrictions like thirds. Do whatever you think that's appropriate. If we stay the status quo, we'll be spending the next month still in nominating movies.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Alright I'll make that second of The Royal Tenenbaums a third, and the third of Se7en disappear...I really wish this tourney was updated more often, I did all the checking I could to make sure I didn't do redundant noms/seconds/thirds or anything, but a couple slipped through.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
2nd
In The Mood For Love
Fanny and Alexander
Kiki's Delivery Service

Nominate
My Neighbor Totoro
That Obscure Object of Desire

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks