What's new

Mega CD help (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Just got the Sony 335 over the weekend and need to start loading it. As far as I can tell the labeling for discs is limited to 13 characters. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has come up with an inventive labeling technique that they're satisfied with.

Should I assign every disc to a group.

As far as labeling, probably artist & CD title using initials and abbreviations?

Does it not matter where the disc physically is, so long as it's assigned to a group?

Just wondering if anyone has some useful hints/warnings.

Thanks

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
I burned copies of my entire collection and added the CDText to the copies. I couldn't stand doing it by hand. Groups are a great way to segregate genres, and can be used with shuffle play. I love my Sony, and would never be without a Mega changer again. Now I'm thinking of a DVD Mega changer, as the Kenwood looks pretyy impressive.

Pete

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Brett, I have two Sony CDP-CX333ES 300-disc megachangers daisy-chained and have come up with ways to abbreviate the artist name and album title. Note that with Sony megachangers, an entered title is assigned to a slot and does not move with the disc. Since all the discs in my megachangers are rock and pop, I don't have them assigned to groups. Like Pete, I am moving towards copying the CDs onto CD-Rs with CD-TEXT encoded. I have a few reasons for doing this, including:
1) Having the names of songs, not just discs. The Sony megachangers allow you to enter disc titles, not track titles. Even if I could enter track titles via a keyboard, I would never bother. That's too much work. If I ever wanted to move discs around, I'd have to enter everything over again. Having CD-Rs with CD-TEXT makes things easy. I like having the song titles displayed because invariably, when I am running the two players in shuffle mode, a song comes up that I don't know. With the song title appearing on the player, I don't have to grab the jewel case to see what is playing.
2) Having copies of CDs for the car. I don't like taking my store-bought CDs in the car for a variety of reasons. I'd much rather take CD-Rs, so having them in the megachangers serves a dual pupose.
3) Having my store-bought CDs readily available for critical listening. I have better players for critical listening, including some in another room, and find it a pain to fetch CDs from the megachangers for use in those players. With CD-Rs in the megachangers, I'll have the store-bought CDs in the jewel cases, which is easier to deal with. Yes, I am a creature of comfort. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks