"Meeting People is Easy"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt C, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Matt C

Matt C Stunt Coordinator

Matthew
    I was curious what you all thought about the Radiohead documentary DVD "Meeting People is Easy". I'm a Radiohead fanatic, so I'm sure I'll love it, but i was curious what the general opinion was on this title. How's the DTS track sound? Did you all like the content? What're the thoughts, everyone?
    BTW, here's a link to it on Amazon.com:
    Meeting People is Easy
    -Matt C

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

My review: too much TALKING, not enough MUSIC!

3. Luc D

Luc D Second Unit

I'm a HUGE Radiohead fan so I'll like almost anything of theirs. This is a fun documentary. It's not so much about their music as it is about the madness of touring and being in one of the world's most important rock bands.

However, the DVD isn't great. The picture and sound is fine, but it is very cumbersome to re-watch due to the lack of chapters. So you can't skip ahead to a section of the film, which sucks because there are some great rarities on this disk (like one of the very first versions of "Follow me Around").

But if you're such a fan then you should probably get it.

4. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

No chapter markings? Blimey. Is there no contents? I was thinking of upgrading my VHS of this. I have the Air documentary and that doesn't have chapters but it does have a contents page where you can skip to various bits...

Maybe the R2 version is different?

FWIW, it's a very depressing but interesting movie. There are some nice bits of music in there, early versions of things we now have on the new albums and stuff.

One of the more interesting bits is where they explain how the video of No Surprises was made.

5. Matt C

Matt C Stunt Coordinator

Matthew
    Well, I'm glad to hear that the picture and sound are fine. I'm a little disapinted to hear that there are no chapter markings (it can't be that hard to put those in!), but I'm sure I'll still enjoy the documentary greatly! It has to still be better than the VHS, improved video, DTS sound, ooohh yeah! And at 17 dollars, I can't really complain about the price too much! Thanks for the info everyone!

-Matt C