What's new

Meeting members of the same sex. (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Im not looking to meet guys for a relationship. Although, I have been to a few gay bars with friends and get hit on all the time. If only it was that easy to meet girls. :frowning:
Back to the original subject. All my guy friends from college moved away. Amazingly I managed to find a job around where I went to school. I like it here because im semi close to my family and my friends from high school, im making good money, and the cost of living here is real low (Warren, OH). Im 23 and single and everyone I work with is 35+ and married. I have been dating a bit. It seem easier to meet girls than guys. But cant seem to find any guy friends just to hang out with. Does anyone have any tips for finding new friends?

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I agree, those are good tips and the ones I used. When I relocated to NYC, meeting new friends was a big problem. I went online and met people that way...(some of them right here at HTF). I made myself get out of the house. I talked to people at the local watering hole, and coffee house. I made sure not to turn down any offers to hang out, even if it was with work friends that weren't my age...and eventually, I met people. The right friend can bring all of their friends into your life. Our, if you have a hobby (like movies or sports or whatever) it helps you meet others. Good luck to you, man, and be patient with it.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I've found a lot of info on the subject of meeting girls at http://www.sosuave.com/
A cocky and funny attitude really does work for I just went on a date with a hotty a couple days ago. It was a breeze too, I treated her like I would a best friend.
I hope they don't read this :)

Cam S

Screenwriter
Golf is a great way to meet new friends, you can just go down to the course, and asked to be joined with another 3'some. I worked at a golf course for 6 years, and I played by myself so I could join up with another group so I could meet the members and whatnot. Hobbies and sports are the best, cuz the person you meet will most likely have the same interests as you, and that makes for a good conversation.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I've found a lot of info on the subject of meeting girls
I think you misses the point of this thread. Im doing pretty well with the ladies (not as well as id like to but who ever is). I just don't have any guy friends to hang out with. Women can drive you nuts after a while. ;)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
damn, I need some gay friends to hook me up with their GF's
Once again, I'm afraid Buzz doesn't speak for us all. Of course I have a few female friends, but most of them are pretty much average looking and already in relationships.

As for the question at hand, I'm at a loss for what to advise. How about finding something that interests you and joining a club or discussion group or something? Or if you are into sports, you could join an amateur team...maybe even a bowling league or something if you're into that.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
:frowning: why you gotta get my hopes up like that :D
to answer the question, not really. I guess there are some, there's a few groups on campus (is it the 1% society? I don't recall the name) but I dunno how active they are, every now and then you see the occasional ad for like a gay relationship workshop kind of thing. People here in particular aren't exactly open minded, so maybe people just aren't open about it, and I don't blame them for it given the mentality here. I guess I've met a couple though. Quite different from living in Oregon where gay pride stickers were pretty common, I'm not sure people here would know what one was if they saw it.
ask for a transfer to KGFK and you can see for yourself, and maybe get a pay raise. I bet we have more operations here than you do down there :)
I heard we were in the top 5 for the great lakes region, dunno if that's true or not.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, here is probably just like oklahoma. Only less diverse I'm sure. Minneapolis is probably ok, i've been down there for a few concerts and downtown feels a LOT like portland, kind of laid back and not at all midwestern. Saw tori amos and rufus wainwright, I don't think either of them would go over up here, though tori played grand forks long LONG ago.
anyway, it's a dry cold, you'd get used to it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks