What's new

Meet the newest HTF member... (1 Viewer)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
...Cali, adopted 9/28 from the Austin Humane Society/SPCA.
Link Removed
She's a 1 yr, 2 month old Border Collie mix whose previous owner surrendered her and her brother due to a move. She's the sweetest, most well trained dog I've ever had. And she plays fetch like a champ (I actually have to hit the tennis ball with my racquet for it to go far enough for her to really get going :)). If any of you are thinking about getting a dog, you definitely should check out your local SPCA. I was very impressed with the quality of the animals they had there (behavior-wise, relative to the city pound) and so far Cali has turned out to be a wonderful addition to my life.

David-S

Second Unit
She looks like an awesome dog...
Can't wait till i can move to where i can own a dog... :D
ps: cheers for adopting, I've been to a few shelters, and it just breaks my heart that i can't take at least one home...

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
If any of you are thinking about getting a dog, you definitely should check out your local SPCA.
Excellent call. We got our dog at 6 months old from the local POPP (Pet Over Population Prevention) group. We've had her for close to 2 years now and love her to death. She came completely housebroken and is very well behaved. Sleeps in our bed with us every night. :)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
she looks like she has more than a bit of springer spaniel in her, that would explain the fetching :D
actually if you let her ears grow out and the feathers on her legs, she'd be almost be a dead ringer for a springer lol. She is very cute! wish I could have a dog :frowning:

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Hurray!
I got my dog, Major from the THS (Toronto Humane Society), and he has sold me on his breed. He is a American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and I have never met a more loving group of dogs in my life.... And that includes my beloved Amos, a gentle Boxer from my childhood. So human focused.
The only way to go, unless you HAVE to get a pure bred is to find a companion from the local SPCA/pound. Nothing feels better then realizing A) you have found a life companion, and b) you rescued them from sometimes a very bad fate... (THS does not put down animals unless it is to ease suffering from untreatable illness.)
Thanks for seeing past the prejudice! You know dog looks wonderful :)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Mark, Cali looks like a beautiful dog. :emoji_thumbsup:
All three of my dogs were adopted from my local Humane Society when they were pups. I don't think I would get a dog from anywhere else. There is no better feeling than rescuing/adopting a dog.
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks