What's new

Meet the Fockers (1 Viewer)

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
I just noticed on another site that "Meet the Fockers" will be released on DVD on 19 April 05. Certainly hope that's true! Great movie, as far as I'm concerned.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
"Extended"? Does that mean they're sticking in more "funny" jokes like the ones already in the film? :thumbsdown:

Loved the first one, but this one was lame - just seemed like they only wanted to push the envelope without developing a plot.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

not sure.
Knowing Hollywood: the extended version will be 2 min, bloopers and deleted scenes will be 5min each (and practically the same), everything else just your standard EPK with extreme compression, non anamorphic and 2.0 stereo (cynical, moi?)

They squashed more than that on one disc before and getting away with good quality for the main feature.

I might be wrong though

CraigL

Screenwriter
Ummm...may be a stupid question but what's the significance of the Scrubs episode???

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'll buy it but i'm getting more concerned with Universals attitude towards releasing 3 different surround tracks on the disc. That seem excessive.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Shane, the european branches of studios have been doing that for years, the EU R2 of RONIN has a whooping 5 DD5.1 + one 2.0 commentary on it.

I never understood why dubs should get 5.1 :rolleyes:(different topic) esp when they can cause problems on the compression side. But cost is an issue for EU branches (one release for all of europe)

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I'm sure I remember an HTF review of this movie, but now I can't find it. I remember the reviewer reported that the PQ was good, but many people responded that it had horrible EE.

Anyway, I finally watched it over the weekend. As soon as the film started, I was shocked to see the horrible EE, and this is about 14' away from a 32" CRT! The credits almost looked like double images. As the film progressed, I noticed it less and less. They either reduced the EE throughout the film, or that gin 'n' tonic affected my vision.

Also, the color seemed off. Stiller's fiancee's skin looked purplish, but looked more natural as the film progressed.

Well, it wasn't such a stellar cinematic event anyway, but it's a shame they can't do an adequate job. I'm sure it looks much worse on larger displays.

Doug

Andy_MT

Second Unit
BAD REVIEW ALERT!

http://www.currentfilm.com/dvdreviews6/fockersdvd.html

what ? picture appeared nicely crisp and well-defined ? absolutely bonkers ! and a site i won't be visiting again for a LONG, LONG time. the trust has gone from the relationship.

have to say, this is way up there as one of the worst looking recent releases i've seen since gangs of new york, cold mountain ... was this dvd outsourced to miramax by chance ?

i bought a legitimate copy of this dvd only to be given borderline bootleg quality ? not happy !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks