What's new

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I saw BWANA DEVIL in 3-D in a cinema where My parents worked,when it was first released. I remember that the 3-D effects were only so-so .It was the same as all the early 3-D films that we screened
With the technology for 3D conversions, since Bwana Devil was already shot in 3D, when Bob gets his hands on it I wonder if he can turn up the 3D heat a bit.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well with the most recent announcement in the Kino thread, maybe Bob and Co. can share a little more info on The Glass Web 3D, don't do the book of faces, but did see there is 9 golden age 3D classics that the are working on, looking at the splash page http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/golden-age-3-d

anyone else want to guess what the remaining 5 film could be?

so by my count and my hopefuls, random guesses unless they plan on doing something with Vinegar Syndrome again, then all bets are off :D

1. Bwana Devil 3D
2. The Glass Web 3D
3. Robot Monster 3D

4. ? Hannah Lee 3D
5. ? Flight to Tangier 3D
6. ? Southwest Passage 3D
7. ? Cat-Women of the Moon 3D
8. ? Gorilla at Large 3D .... but that has a different issue now that Disney owns the film.
9. ? ...... I am at a loss :blink:

Last edited:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
It-Came-premiere.jpg

Edward G was MADE for 3-D!

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
well with the most recent announcement in the Kino thread, maybe Bob and Co. can share a little more info on The Glass Web 3D, don't do the book of faces, but did see there is 9 golden age 3D classics that the are working on, looking at the splash page http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/golden-age-3-d

anyone else want to guess what the remaining 5 film could be?

so by my count and my hopefuls, random guesses unless they plan on doing something with Vinegar Syndrome again, then all bets are off :D

1. Bwana Devil 3D
2. The Glass Web 3D
3. Robot Monster 3D

4. ? Hannah Lee 3D
5. ? Flight to Tangier 3D
6. ? Southwest Passage 3D
7. ? Cat-Women of the Moon 3D
8. ? Gorilla at Large 3D .... but that has a different issue now that Disney owns the film.
9. ? ...... I am at a loss :blink:

Hey, Dana. Not sure from wence you come up with a figure of 9 in-progress that 3D Fim Archive is working on (although they may be, in various stages of procurement or production). AFAIK they have not yet talked Wade W. out of HANNAH LEE or CAT WOMEN, and GORILLA does, indeed have many obstacles attached.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Actually, I was wrong in my earlier post. We have twelve vintage 3-D restorations in the pipeline and one extensive flat project.

The five 3-D titles that have been publicly announced are:

1. Bwana Devil
2. Prison Girls
3. The Glass Web
4. Robot Monster
5. The Bubble Roadshow

Plus:

The Abbott and Costello Show - Season Two (26 episodes)

In short, we are VERY busy.

Happy 2023, everyone!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Actually, I was wrong in my earlier post. We have twelve vintage 3-D restorations in the pipeline and one extensive flat project.

The five 3-D titles that have been publicly announced are:

1. Bwana Devil
2. Prison Girls
3. The Glass Web
4. Robot Monster
5. The Bubble Roadshow

Plus:

The Abbott and Costello Show - Season Two (26 episodes)

In short, we are VERY busy.

Happy 2023, everyone!
Happy New Year, Bob and Jack! Maybe Mostly Lost this year?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I believe that event has been retired.

However, we will very likely be presenting our restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK in Culpeper sometime in the next few months. Cinecolor expert Jack Theakston plans to be on hand to discuss the extensive restoration and enormous technical challenges in working from the only surviving 35mm color materials: worn SuperCinecolor release prints!

Attachments

• restored frame (2).jpg
    restored frame (2).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 12

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
From that collage, PRISON GIRLS and ROBOT MONSTER are coming soon.

Always remember that if it’s a 3DFA restoration, you don’t have to worry about a missing intermission point (as planned for by the original producers) or eye-straining AND headache inducing vertical misalignment!

We get many questions as to why relatively short movies have an intermission point? There is a perfectly valid technical reason and please see the bottom of this page on our website for the details.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
From that collage, PRISON GIRLS and ROBOT MONSTER are coming soon.

Always remember that if it’s a 3DFA restoration, you don’t have to worry about a missing intermission point (as planned for by the original producers) or eye-straining AND headache inducing vertical misalignment!

We get many questions as to why relatively short movies have an intermission point? There is a perfectly valid technical reason and please see the bottom of this page on our website for the details.

Tl;dr version is: Reels can only hold so much, and platters, had they existed, would have been an unworkable solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks