What's new

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I donated $100 last year but haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. Did get notice on what extra stuff I'd be getting.

Eric Kurland just sent an email saying that shipping should start next week. Blame it on the extra bells & whistles (lenticular material, etc.) some of which had to come via China of all places....

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Mine was scheduled to arrive today, but was running late according to the USPS. Since it was coming to my work place, which is now closed for an indeterminate amount of time, I'll have to figure something out.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I finally got my copy of 3-D Rarities Volume 2! I've watched everything but the main feature. Thanks, 3-D Film Archive! I especially enjoyed the 3-D photo bits. Would love to have a longer form blu-ray of stereo views from the past, including stereoscope views, Realist (etc.) slides, Tru-view, Viewmaster reels, etc. Maybe not for everyone, but I'd dig it.

I liked A Day in the Country and the trailers for The 3-D Movie and Frankenstein's Bloody Terror, both of which I'd love to see the whole thing now. Looking forward to the next release.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
If I have a niggle with Volume 2, it's just that I wanted more. Here are things that I'd love to have on Volume 3, though I'm certain some of them would be impossible to find/license:

That little Dan Symmes short on the go-cart
Sea Dream
Magic Journeys
3-D Footage shot for Mork & Mindy
Lumberjack Rabbit

Beyond the physical availability, it comes down to the 3 R's of 3D: Rights, Rights, Rights.

It's just best to assume that, if 3DFA is not working on it, it either isn't physically findable, or the rights are prohibitively out-of-reach.

The 3D short I'd most like to see be able to get the 3DFA treatment is the 1941 MGM Pete Smith Specialty "Third Dimensional Murder," which has received a 2D airing on TCM. It's owned by Warner Bros. and, alas, WB seems to have thrown in the towel on tapping any of the balance of its classic 3D library, whether via in-house resources or with a partner like 3DFA.

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Thanks 3-D Film Archive for another winner! Loved the feature (hokum fun) and the two female leads were gorgeous. The slide show was very interesting, and the ballet shows that ballet should always be shot in 3D.
...which is why I'm hoping last year's CUNNINGHAM makes it to 3D Blu-ray. It was shot and intended to be seen that way, but the home market is against it. Possibly the announced UK disc will be in the format. (And BLACK SWAN is lovely, a treat in 3D.)

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I watched the whole disc the other day. (If there's any upside at all to being furloughed - I have lots of time to catch up on movies.) Loved every bit of it. I especially loved the 3-D photographs. They are an amazing look at life back then.

The only issue I have with the disc, is that the shorts do not have a separate individual menu. But that's a minor detail.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Great news! Julie Adams and Woody Woodpecker in 3-D!!
Image1.jpg

Woody.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks