What's new

Jobla

Supporting Actor
True that a DVD release of THE BUBBLE wouldn't be in 3-D. However, the sci-fi buffs who don't have 3-D would still like to buy the movie on DVD.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Regarding NIGHT OF THE GHOULS: didn't know that it was Wade Williams who actually found the film. The title was first announced for VHS by Admit One of Canada. Admit One had previously released a few Ed Wood titles, such as the nudie version of THE SINISTER URGE. However, GHOULS ended up at Nostalgia Merchant in the US, rather than Admit One.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
True that a DVD release of THE BUBBLE wouldn't be in 3-D. However, the sci-fi buffs who don't have 3-D would still like to buy the movie on DVD.
Wait until they see it. I can’t think of any possible reason to see this turkey except for 3D! I know that is the only reason I bought it.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Suit yourself. The rest of us have followed the replacement program’s specific instructions and have received confirmation email responses.
Nope... not yet.

I followed the instructions: Emailed the correct address, included my mailing address, phone number, and attached a pdf of my Amazon receipt. That was last Friday at noon CDT. I've not yet heard from them. Based on prior comments I expected to hear back by last night at the latest.

For those who'll ask: Yes - I checked SPAM (I always do - I do IT support for a living and constantly have to tell people to check their SPAM folder for stuff).

If I've not heard from them by tomorrow I'll email again. If I don't hear back by this Friday, I'll return it to Amazon and wait for a proper reissue. I want the title, but not with a huge hassle involved.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My wife says that I will watch any crap and buy any crap as long as it’s in 3D, and she is probably right! This goes way back in my life. I remember lining up for “Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein” and “The Stewardesses”. You can’t defend any of these as high art. Without 3D, we would never had heard of these movies.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I do have my limits as far as 3D goes. As much as I love to support the 3-D Archive, you couldn't pay me to have a copy of The Stewardesses, and I even bought A*P*E! I also own Metalstorm and would love a 3D copy of Spacehunter, since it was the first 3-D film I ever saw.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
It's not often that we have two of our Golden Age 3-D restorations released on Blu-ray in such close proximity to each other. Here's a terrific commemorative lobbycard courtesy of Eytan Wronker!

View attachment 49404
A Creature/Jivaro crossover would be more my speed. Which would prove the greater threat: Headhunters of the Amazon, or Gill-Man of the Amazon? ... and who would win? Then out of nowhere there's a twist ending in which the creature must take up a position as Baronet of Craven castle.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Nope... not yet.

I followed the instructions: Emailed the correct address, included my mailing address, phone number, and attached a pdf of my Amazon receipt. That was last Friday at noon CDT. I've not yet heard from them. Based on prior comments I expected to hear back by last night at the latest.

For those who'll ask: Yes - I checked SPAM (I always do - I do IT support for a living and constantly have to tell people to check their SPAM folder for stuff).

If I've not heard from them by tomorrow I'll email again. If I don't hear back by this Friday, I'll return it to Amazon and wait for a proper reissue. I want the title, but not with a huge hassle involved.
My experience as well.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
To my fellow UK Revenge of the Creature Blu-ray owners.
I have heard back from Universal about the faulty disc issue and they are basically saying they will not ship a replacement as they are only serving USA and Canada so looking like we are stuck with it or been stuck with it. The inside of the box art clearly says 1080 as well so quite a disappointing non result from them as the disc in question is only 720.
I think in future I for one will be taking much longer to order new 3D discs so we don't get our fingers burnt again over here and see if the discs can play correctly first, we are talking quite a bit of cash now for some of these releases after all.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Nope... not yet.

I just got my replacement request confirmation reply. Like the rest of you who've received one, I'll be getting a replacement copy in "4-6 weeks."

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
To my fellow UK Revenge of the Creature Blu-ray owners.
I have heard back from Universal about the faulty disc issue and they are basically saying they will not ship a replacement as they are only serving USA and Canada so looking like we are stuck with it or been stuck with it. The inside of the box art clearly says 1080 as well so quite a disappointing non result from them as the disc in question is only 720.
I think in future I for one will be taking much longer to order new 3D discs so we don't get our fingers burnt again over here and see if the discs can play correctly first, we are talking quite a bit of cash now for some of these releases after all.
Perhaps you need to email the UK video division. If they get enough requests, maybe they'll ship replacement discs over to the UK distributor to apportion accordingly.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And as of right now, Amazon has stopped selling both the Creature and Classic Monsters sets directly. For those of us who cancelled our pre-orders when the news hit are now out of luck.....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And as of right now, Amazon has stopped selling both the Creature and Classic Monsters sets directly. For those of us who cancelled our pre-orders when the news hit are now out of luck.....
I'm sure they'll be back when the discs are corrected. It's in Universal's interest to prevent as many sales as possible of the bad discs, as it likely costs them more to send out individual replacements rather than to do a bulk fix-and-switch with the retailers.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm sure they'll be back when the discs are corrected. It's in Universal's interest to prevent as many sales as possible of the bad discs, as it likely costs them more to send out individual replacements rather than to do a bulk fix-and-switch with the retailers.
Yeah, I have a feeling Universal silently recalled their discs from retail shelves, as Best Buy is also "Sold Out" of the Creature collection, but is still selling the Monsters set..

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I really feel bad for those who were trying to get the 30 Film Complete Legacy Collection Blu-ray sets, who will now likely have to wait 4 to 6 weeks.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks