What's new

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
...ever notice how statements of the most ignorant nonsense are often preceded by statements emphasizing personal expertise?

Ever notice how there seems to be a preponderance of such people who begin their names with an "F."? Google the late F. Gwynplaine MacIntyre (aka F. Gwynplaine WackIntyre). :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Unfortunately, he didn't seem too receptive to my suggestion that he screen films like INFERNO, CEASE FIRE and SECOND CHANCE to broaden his Golden Age experience.

Then again, if he feels DIAL M "was okay, but mostly a gimmick" I'm not sure he'd be too interested...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ever notice how there seems to be a preponderance of such people who begin their names with an "F."? Google the late F. Gwynplaine MacIntyre (aka F. Gwynplaine WackIntyre). :)
A year ago or so, I listened to an interview of F. Murray Abraham. When he was introduced, he said (with a big smile in his voice) "You can call me F."

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info. I've never seen the roadshow version of THE BUBBLE, so I'd love to buy it if it's released on Blu-ray or DVD.

I gather that the current version is the FANTASTIC INVASION OF PLANET EARTH edit. That version played at a local theater back in the day, but I didn't go. If I had known that the film was actually THE BUBBLE, I would have attended it. The title change fooled me.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Unfortunately, he didn't seem too receptive to my suggestion that he screen films like INFERNO, CEASE FIRE and SECOND CHANCE to broaden his Golden Age experience.

Then again, if he feels DIAL M "was okay, but mostly a gimmick" I'm not sure he'd be too interested...

That's usually my advice when confronted with a philistine.
Relatively few people have seen the 50s classics in any 3D format so their witless remarks tend to be based on (mostly feeble) contemporary offerings.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm watching an episode of Star Trek Voyager and a scene just happened that I had to share with you guys.

One character, who's a big 20th century buff, takes his girlfriend on a date to the holodeck. It's set up as a replica of a 1950s movie theater showing Revenge Of The Creature in 3D. When he explains this, the girlfriend says:

"So let me get this straight. You went to all this trouble to create a real three dimensional environment so we could watch a two dimensional movie that mimics three dimensions?"

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Would like to see this cartoon in 3D (from 10/29/53):

ww102953.jpg

Alberto_D

BANNED
Ben: To be honest with you, I have no idea! I never gave much thought to anaglyph, especially after November 1978 when I saw my first vintage feature in Polaroid. From that point forward, I considered anaglyph a detriment to the enjoyment of 3-D.
There's a brilliant engineer working with us on our 3-D restorations. His name is Greg Kintz and I'm going to ask if he can answer your question.
Bob
Bob, may I ask if there is new tools being developed for restoration of 3D films ?
Maybe some algorithms used in 2D to 3D movies conversion could help. This could leads to new tools even for 2D restorations, since the motion estimations and frame comparisons used to digitally restore missing parts, in 2D films, use 2D algorithms instead of 3D.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
a big yes to that one, it's a very funny cartoon and a great 3-D presentation. It's the kind of extra that would make any disc a must-have.

Would love to see both Wings of the Hawk and the Woodpecker in 3-D.

I went to see Wings of The Hawk at the last 3D Film Expo at the Egyptian a few years ago. Julia Adams made a personal appearance and was available in the theatre lobby to greet fans and sign merchandise . She was accompanied by her son, who managed the event. Just as she started to sign my Wings of the Hawk reproduction poster, her son asked if I would like to go behind the table so he could get a photo of Ms Adams signing for a fan. I agreed, had a short chat with her and moved on with my poster. It wasn't until I unrolled it back at the hotel that I discovered that while she had written "To Rob" on the poster, she never actually got around to signing it !!

Lovely woman, though.... I can't be mad about it.

Last edited:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Bob, may I ask if there is new tools being developed for restoration of 3D films ?
Maybe some algorithms used in 2D to 3D movies conversion could help. This could leads to new tools even for 2D restorations, since the motion estimations and frame comparisons used to digitally restore missing parts, in 2D films, use 2D algorithms instead of 3D.

The amazing Greg Kintz is always adding to his arsenal of digital tools in order to deliver the best quality at a fraction of the cost to be found at any post facility.

gazadams

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gary adams
come on Bob any more news on how many 3d films you are working on ? With all this doom and gloom about 3d dying i need a pick me up ! LOL

Cant wait for your next release and keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks