What's new

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
Boy that's just great news!
Looking forward to both these titles and all the rest I'm sure...

S A M 33

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
On the flip-side of this proverbial pessimistic coin, we currently have an even dozen* vintage titles (not including our current project CEASE FIRE) in the restoration pipeline for eventual 3-D Blu-ray release!

Next on the Archive's operating table: THE MAZE.

*Update: I forgot our film, EL CORAZON Y LA ESPADA aka SWORD OF GRANADA. That makes it a lucky 13 titles!

Yes! YYYYESSSSSSS!!!!! :dance:

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
On the flip-side of this proverbial pessimistic coin, we currently have an even dozen* vintage titles (not including our current project CEASE FIRE) in the restoration pipeline for eventual 3-D Blu-ray release!

Next on the Archive's operating table: THE MAZE.

*Update: I forgot our film, EL CORAZON Y LA ESPADA aka SWORD OF GRANADA. That makes it a lucky 13 titles!

Wow, that's some workload you've managed to line up there!

Two questions come to mind:

1) Would some of these titles include 'Silver Age' 3-D movies, and potentially as recent as the 1980s?

2) Have deals been worked out with other labels (possibly including Region B) for some of these titles? (I am aware that rights issues in Region A may be more complicated for certain titles)

... There is of course, no obligation to supply answers at this stage. I trust that all will be revealed in time. I hope as many of these are as locked in as is possible, and fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Many thanks for keeping us all posted Bob sure is exciting watching the 3D gems restored with love.

Douglas we've also installed a second 3D system to future proof our home entertainment and named it 'Screen 3D region A'

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Yep, A B and C, down from regions 1-6 on DVD (though that also has regions 7 and 8 that aren't assigned to anywhere, except maybe special venues. I've never heard of discs actually coded for them.)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
So, Bob, what are you guys gonna do when you run out of available 3D classics to restore? There is certainly a very finite number of titles available (as opposed to suppressed by rights holders) for you to work on, plus almost zero support for 3D among manufacturers anymore. Will you continue to fight on for the movies stubborn owners have been selfishly withholding?

I just bought a 65" LG OLED (2016 model with 3D support) and it cost me big time, just so I could have future 3D capacity looking as good as is currently achievable at home. I'd hate to see the dissolution of 3D Blu-ray releases, but we seem to be heading in that direction. I own about 150 3D movies (including every single one of yours) and I'm not about to give up the format.

Am looking for a little encouragement for the future but, short of that, so many thanks to you and your team for your efforts to get out as many titles as you are able.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks