What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Bob, just watched GOG and was it flat as hell in 3D. Watched 8 3Ders before and after and they all looked great. Was there a problem with bringing this to 3D BD?

My new PJ was telling me that it was 3D, but it didn't look it. :(

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Try playing it from the first chapter stop and not by pressing "play." I had 3D problems with both GOG and THE MASK, but they went away when I did that.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, I just played it on my den TV with Passive glasses and it really looks great. It just doesn't look good with Active glasses in the HT...bummer.

I'll give that a try Bob.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
John, sorry to hear that you had trouble watching GOG in 3-D. That's the first I've heard of anyone having an issue with this title.

As you can see, the Natural Vision stereo photography is outstanding.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
How deep is the 3-D image on THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE? Ask our little three year old viewer who tried to reach behind Rhonda Fleming!

After the intense restoration by 3-D wizard Greg Kintz, the superb stereoscopic cinematography by Lionel Lindon truly looks better than ever before. It's coming to 3-D Blu-ray from Kino Lorber on May 9 and pre-orders will be available very soon.
http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/those-redheads-from-seattle

Bob, what elements were used for the 3.0 stereo sound?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
A very productive week here at the Archive.

Dr. Jan-Christopher Horak - Director of the UCLA Film and Television Archive - has written about the recent GOG screening in Berlin: https://www.cinema.ucla.edu/…/a…/2017/03/17/berlinale-part-2; we received a phone call from the legendary star of a Golden Age 3-D film that we are preparing to restore; we found one side of a previously lost 3-D short from 1953 and Kino has released the 3-D Blu-ray cover art for THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE!

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Dr. Jan-Christopher Horak - Director of the UCLA Film and Television Archive - has written about the recent GOG screening in Berlin: https://www.cinema.ucla.edu/…/a…/2017/03/17/berlinale-part-2; we received a phone call from the legendary star of a Golden Age 3-D film that we are preparing to restore; we found one side of a previously lost 3-D short from 1953 and Kino has released the 3-D Blu-ray cover art for THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE!

It's in my list to buy at Amazon. Just bought Avatar, so this'll have to wait.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
Love to see the original poster art being used for 3D releases on Blu ray - or for any film if it comes to that. Kino seem to be doing that regularly - The Vikings, Gog etc. I wish more companies did that - Twilight Time in particular - some of that fifties and sixties poster art was terrific.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Great news on forthcoming 3-D!

Anyone want to guess what the 1953 3-D short is? The following are from 3D Film Archive list of shorts that are lost.

A Cocktail at Sloppy Joe's
Acrobatiks
American Beauties
American Life
Bowery Scandals
Carmenesque
Caribbean Nights
Chicago Cubs vs. Milwaukee Braves
Cleopatra Follies
College Capers
Elementals, the
Foodini in Four Dimensions
Fun in the Sun
Holsum Bread commercials
I Was a Burlesque Queen
Indian Summer
Packaging – the Third Dimension
Parisienne Life aka Paris Life
Persian Slave Market
Polly Wolly Doodle
Sears training film
Sunday in Stereo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks