What's new

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
I agree that these look like bargains but with international delivery charges and whatever duty Her Majesty's storm troopers decide to add, maybe not quite so attractive.

Unfortunately, that was my experience. I ended up buying the cheapest Sony available, but when all was said and done it wound up costing 2 - 3 times the price I would've paid for the exact same model(but region-locked) in a local electronics retailer.

I would describe it as affordable (for me), however calling it inexpensive just adds insult to injury. It's flimsy and overpriced, but it was definitely worth it, and I haven't looked back.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Unfortunately, that was my experience. I ended up buying the cheapest Sony available, but when all was said and done it wound up costing 2 - 3 times the price I would've paid for the exact same model(but region-locked) in a local electronics retailer.

I would describe it as affordable (for me), however calling it inexpensive just adds insult to injury. It's flimsy and overpriced, but it was definitely worth it, and I haven't looked back.

I am not sure from where you purchased your player, but there is no need to pay ridiculous shipping charges. Some of these sellers give you free shipping, and many are located in the U.S. Do the research. Good things can happen for you! Region B is accessible!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The 3D's loud and clear in THE GREAT WALL, which gives you your dimensional money's worth. Where did old school 3D go? To HK/China, where it's used much more fully in films like THE MERMAID, THE TAKING OF TIGER MOUNTAIN, and THE GREAT WALL.

I saw THE GREAT WALL today theatrically in 3D. I'm afraid I can't so positive about the 3D. As with so many modern 3D films, the dimensionality was largely limited to depth away from the screen. Admittedly there were some effective arrows and spears having the impression of being thrown from the audience position into the screen but none of it was as immersive as 3D films of the 1950s. For most of the time I felt I might just as well have been seeing it flat for all the difference it made.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
gf.jpg
I asked TT yesterday about Gun Fury in 3D and they said it is still scheduled for this year sometime.

Well that's good news.

I don't think they will sell too many copies of Inferno as most of the 3D nuts like us already bought the Blu-ray released by Panamint. Hopefully they didn't pay too much for it.

Last edited:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
How deep is the 3-D image on THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE? Ask our little three year old viewer who tried to reach behind Rhonda Fleming!

After the intense restoration by 3-D wizard Greg Kintz, the superb stereoscopic cinematography by Lionel Lindon truly looks better than ever before. It's coming to 3-D Blu-ray from Kino Lorber on May 9 and pre-orders will be available very soon.
http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/those-redheads-from-seattle

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I
How deep is the 3-D image on THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE? Ask our little three year old viewer who tried to reach behind Rhonda Fleming!

After the intense restoration by 3-D wizard Greg Kintz, the superb stereoscopic cinematography by Lionel Lindon truly looks better than ever before. It's coming to 3-D Blu-ray from Kino Lorber on May 9 and pre-orders will be available very soon.
I'd like to reach behind Rhonda Fleming too. The front wouldn't be so bad either! Looking forward to this one for sure. Day one.

rhonda-fleming-1-sized.jpg

Last edited:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
In that particular ad, I'm more interested in Jennifer, a film I've never seen and always wanted to. I've been told that Matt Dennis's wonderful song Angel Eyes was written for this film.

I've seen Jennifer (1953)... which got some airplay on Encore Mysteries Channel in the late 1990s. It's one of those thrillers that, story-wise, seems promising as it's going along, but ultimately doesn't amount to much. However, it's a great-looking little movie, with moody cinematography by the great James Wong Howe, and Ida Lupino is terrific, as usual. It's also one of that sub-set of Allied Artists releases that later became part of the Republic Pictures library, so it is Paramount property now. I would guess a potential domestic Blu-ray release would most likely come from Kino Lorber, or perhaps Olive Films, since both are releasing titles from that source, and Warner wouldn't be handling it, since it's a Paramount-owned title that hasn't already seen a DVD release in Region 1.

If it gets a release, I'd certainly buy it, though I'm hankering more for Beware My Lovely (1952) on DVD/Blu, another Lupino noir that's also part of Paramount's Republic holdings (even though the film was originally an indie pick-up for RKO).

Can't wait for Those Redheads From Seattle in 3D! A guaranteed purchase in May! And, again, bring on Jivaro (1954), with more Rhonda in 3D, next! :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks