Medium Cool -- Original Audio?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Stunt Coordinator

I was pleasantly surprised to see in today's DVDFile Disc News that Medium Cool is being released in Anamorphic and with a commentary track!
    Knowing Paramount, I'm confident the picture will be excellent but due to copyright issues, this film has NEVER been released on video without alternate music cues.
    Does anybody know if Paramount has finally secured rights to the original soundtrack?

2. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

No, original copyright issues still apply. However Haskell Wexler was himself involved in this current soundtrack. Enuf said.

3. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

It's hard to believe this will be released. Very cool!
    I'm little nervous about losing the original music cues, however. It just wouldn't be the same movie without The Mothers bit...

4. soop.spoon

So has anyone seen this disc yet?

Care to comment on the remixed audio or video transfer?

I'd like to read some reviews before jumping in...

5. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have really been out of the loop of pre-orders. I just saw an article in the Chicago Sun-Times about the release of this movie. I have pre-ordered and very anxious to hear the Wexler commentary.

I thought I was the only person on the forum that remembered this movie. There are some great scenes where the Chicago convention riots are actually playing out in the background.

6. soop.spoon

This should be hitting the streets on Tuesday and there still aren't any reviews on the web. I'm very nervous about the soundtrack being altered for this release...

7. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I have the disc, look for a reviewon Monday or Tuesday at digitallyobsessed.com

The audio is mono and sounds fine. I am not familiar with the original music used, but it seems every home video incarnaton has been altered from the theatrical version.