What's new

Media room build.. (1 Viewer)

doug_morton

Auditioning
Real Name
douglas morton
Currently, I am in the planning stage of building a new home and having met with the designer a few times. Based on the information I learned from this and other sites my basement home theatre room has ended looking like … (he’s only drawn in the screen and front speakers)

My current 7.1 system works well and will transition as is. Seating will probably be one 4 person leather recliner. All of the components will be in the wall behind the viewer in an open mechanical room and there will be no ambient light. The projector (Panasonic PT-AE2000U?) will be mounted at the rear of the room at about 16-17’.
I plan to stagger the studs in the wall, install carpeting and hang a solid door.

I was hoping for some feedback on the dimensions and layout?
Are there any other building techniques I should consider?

mayhem13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
anthony
There is so much to take into account of a project like this-Congrats by the way on taking the plunge into dedicated HT/media room. Video being the primary system, what is your intended screen size? This will help to determine your throw distance for different projectors

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Double drywall, green glue, QuietRock, RISC clips, floating floor, room in a room, etc. It's all in how much you want to spend and how much sound you want to contain. The lower the bass frequencies go, the more difficult it is to contain them. I went with staggered studs and insulation to keep noise out. I couldn't contain my bass if I tried.

-Robert

doug_morton

Auditioning
Real Name
douglas morton
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I still have a lot of research to do but so far I am heading toward a Panasonic AE2000U and a screen size in the 120-130 range.
I am not sure if I should keep the projector in the room, closer to the screen or put it in the storage room to minimize sound..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks