What's new

Media Player says file is too big to burn (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'm sorry, guys and gals, but I must once again come with a dumb question!

I ripped a DVD (not anything copyrighted!) to my computer, and now my uncle wants a copy. I'm trying to run off a copy, but WMP says the files are too large. One file is approximately 3 1/2 hours and the other one a shade over 30 mintues. What settings can I change to make it do what I want to do? Anything?!?!?!

I'm sorry, guys and gals, but I must once again come with a dumb question!

I ripped a DVD (not anything copyrighted!) to my computer, and now my uncle wants a copy. I'm trying to run off a copy, but WMP says the files are too large. One file is approximately 3 1/2 hours and the other one a shade over 30 mintues. What settings can I change to make it do what I want to do? Anything?!?!?!
It doesn't really matter how long the video runs for, the question is the size of the file. Right-click on the file or folder, and go down to "properties" and you'll see the size, lets say it's 5gb. Well, a 5 gb file will noty fit on a single layer dvd disk. In this case, you could use a dual layer disc that holds arould 7gb as I recall. Or maybe you could put the two videos on seperate discs.
Dave

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Another option to compress video, is the old ancient dvdshrink.

Back in the day, dvdshrink was popular for shrinking the content from dual-layer DVD9 discs into something which could be burned to a generic single-layer dvdr blank disc. (It hasn't been updated in over a decade).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Another option to compress video, is the old ancient dvdshrink.

Back in the day, dvdshrink was popular for shrinking the content from dual-layer DVD9 discs into something which could be burned to a generic single-layer dvdr blank disc. (It hasn't been updated in over a decade).

DVD Shrink still works on Windows 10, though. I use it and Handbrake to convert TV shows from DVDs we own to MP4 format for viewing on a tablet or phone when we travel.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did you rip the iso? If it came from a dvd, surely it fits on a dvd???

Have you tried imgburn? I’ve used it for creating ISOs and burning a couple of discs.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Did you rip the iso? If it came from a dvd, surely it fits on a dvd???

Have you tried imgburn? I’ve used it for creating ISOs and burning a couple of discs.
I wound up putting them on a 16GB flash drive! It's for my uncle who likes wrestling and my aunt said a flash drive would fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks