What's new

Media Player Question. (1 Viewer)

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible to save streaming media, in this case a radio feed, being played on the Windows Media Player directly to your hard drive? If anyone has a way to do this I would much appreciate it.

MichaelG

Second Unit
I think you might want to go to Microsofts website and see what the Window Media Encoder does. It's for WMP 7.1, so you would need to download and install that. I haven't used it yet so I am not exactly sure if this will record or not.

I have another questions though about WMP. I used to be on Win98 and at some point upgraded the old WMP (can't remember how) so that if I was downloading and AVI file I could preview the video while it was downloading. If you right-click on the file and select properties the popup window would have a preview TAB. Now that I have installed Win2000 this is no longer there. I upgraded to WMP 7.1 and it's still not there. Also, the version 7.1 doesn't allow zooming to 50%, 100%, 200%. What gives? Does anyone know what I need to allow previewing of incomplete AVI files (or downloading)?

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
Pat,

I'm sure there is a better way than this but here's my 2 cents...

I just use Creative Sound Recorder to make hard drive copies of streaming audio. Obviously the sound quality is not the best but it works in a pinch.

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
Stacey, where can I find this Sound Recorder? Is it downloadable software, and if so, where can I find it. Because it's just a radio feed the sound quality isn't terribly important so this could be just what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
Pat,

Unfortunately Creative Sound Recorder came with my Sound Card (Creative Soundblaster Live!) and is not downloadable as far as I know.

Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks