Media Player Question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatB, Feb 13, 2002.

1. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

Is it possible to save streaming media, in this case a radio feed, being played on the Windows Media Player directly to your hard drive? If anyone has a way to do this I would much appreciate it.

2. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

I think you might want to go to Microsofts website and see what the Window Media Encoder does. It's for WMP 7.1, so you would need to download and install that. I haven't used it yet so I am not exactly sure if this will record or not.

I have another questions though about WMP. I used to be on Win98 and at some point upgraded the old WMP (can't remember how) so that if I was downloading and AVI file I could preview the video while it was downloading. If you right-click on the file and select properties the popup window would have a preview TAB. Now that I have installed Win2000 this is no longer there. I upgraded to WMP 7.1 and it's still not there. Also, the version 7.1 doesn't allow zooming to 50%, 100%, 200%. What gives? Does anyone know what I need to allow previewing of incomplete AVI files (or downloading)?

3. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

Pat,

I'm sure there is a better way than this but here's my 2 cents...

I just use Creative Sound Recorder to make hard drive copies of streaming audio. Obviously the sound quality is not the best but it works in a pinch.

4. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

Stacey, where can I find this Sound Recorder? Is it downloadable software, and if so, where can I find it. Because it's just a radio feed the sound quality isn't terribly important so this could be just what I'm looking for. Thanks.

5. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

Pat,

Unfortunately Creative Sound Recorder came with my Sound Card (Creative Soundblaster Live!) and is not downloadable as far as I know.

Sorry if I got your hopes up.