What's new

Media library-tracking software? (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have you taken a look at Bruji Software? They make DVDpedia (along with Bookpedia and CDpedia), and they also offer an iOS app called Pocketpedia that ties into them and has a bar scan reader.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
FWIW, I used to use DVD Profiler but they were very late to support Android so I switched to MyMovies. Now the MyMovies app that I paid for will not allow me to catalog my UHD movies. I have to buy it again for $8. So now I am looking at DVD Profiler again. No way I'm paying that much for a catalog. I know MyMovies does much more, but I do not use those features and I have no desire to pay (again) for features I do not need. So I am also interested in this thread. DVD Profiler or???

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Talked with the wife. Delicious Monster is out. She needs an iPhone app. I sent her links to My Movies and DVD Profiler. But both of these may also be out as they appear to be movie-only. She's currently using an app that's all media: movies, music, books, boardgames. This app still works, but there are concerns it's not being maintained.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if MM or DVDP get her attention, or if I need to search more broadly for an inventory app.

Understandable. They used to have an iOS app, but it relied on some proprietary Amazon info that was too expensive for them to maintain and they had to pull the app. Which is a shame, because It would be really handy to have on my phone.

It does catalog books, CDs, gadgets, tools, toys, etc. Basically all sorts of stuff.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
DVDPedia app has got a mobile solution; but reviews are sparse and have complaints about its scanning weaknesses. The desktop solution with four separate apps is not what'd we like but it's not a deal breaker.

The mobile app is only $3.99, so we could buy to try.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Do any of these apps have options to list your library online, so friends could browse your collection to pick a movie for a movie-watching party?

I'm trying trakt.com but it's not a great solution to my problem.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
DVD Profiler features an online list, it's a bit outdated looking but does the job (see my sig for an example of my collection on there). There's also a features in the app to filter by actor/crew. genre etc. to make choosing a film easier (I use it all the time) and a "lucky dip" option.

DVD Profiler has never let me down -- I highly recommend it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was discussing this over in a DVD Profiler thread. Unfortunately, its web view doesn't suit my needs. Too minimal, not useable by Muggles for browsing a movie library.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Do any of these apps have options to list your library online, so friends could browse your collection to pick a movie for a movie-watching party?

I'm trying trakt.com but it's not a great solution to my problem.

My Movies does - I give out the link to friends who want to borrow from my collection so they can see what I have.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The wife bought MovieBuddy.
MovieBuddy Pro - Movie Library Manager by Kimico, Ltd.
https://appsto.re/us/zkPJ5.i

It's done a great job of scanning the movies. The database can be stored in Dropbox, so both of us can use the app on our devices and both access the same library. It's got an iPad and iPhone interface.

It doesn't do TV series, an unfortunate weakness. (And The book version is terrible at scanning books. )

There's no web interface. But I've got trakt.com working well enough for a public view when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks