Medal of Honor- Xbox review on IGN...Who has an Insider account???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Carra, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

There are new Xbox reviews on the IGN site, including Medal of Honor-Frontline. Good but not great score of 7.9. Does anyone have an insider account? If so , can you give us a recap?

They also have reviews of Serious Sam (7.7) and Phantonm Crash (7.5)

Marc.

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Even with all its faults, Medal of Honor: Frontline is successful at what it attempts to do: recreate a time and tell a good story along the way. Sure, its linear (so was Halo, and even Half-life), but sometimes that is the most effective way to present a story. By forcing the player to follow a predetermined path, developers can set pre-scripted events that can make for a much more dramatic presentation, and that is just what was done here. Like watching a good Hollywood movie, some people like to sit back and escape reality without having to do too much thinking in the process. So, make yourself comfortable, turn off the lights, turn up the speakers, and get ready to be whisked away to 1940's Germany.

-- Kaiser Hwang

Presentation
    Fantastic painted menus, tons of great stock footage, and great narration make this game feel like a million bucks.
    Graphics
    Passable graphics that are quite effective as a whole, but are lacking otherwise.
    Sound
    Epic score, fierce gun effects, and lots of good voice acting. What more do you want? Dolby Digital 5.1? Oh yeah, that's there too.
    Gameplay
    Go from A to B, killing everyone that stands in your way. But do it in style.
    Lasting Appeal
    New (limited) multi-player mode, ranging difficulites, and quite a few cool secrets to open up make your 10-15 hour trip back in time a bit longer.
    OVERALL SCORE (not an average)

There you be.

Glen

3. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Thanks Glen!

4. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

It's a port of a game that was mediocre on the PS2....and it's also an Xbox game being made by EA. I think the 7.9 is pretty generous.

5. Conroy Tesa

Conroy Tesa Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone else notice that all ports/games made for the xbox by EA kinda suck.
    I mean that graphic wise.
    The colors are washed out and fuzzy.

I'm going through component out to a hdtv and EA seem washed out.

I though it was the xbox but put in Sega Sports games etc and they look crisp and clear.

EA has it in for the xbox(MS)

6. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I think they might have done a passable job on the port this time, MOHF has always been a bit washed out and fuzzy.

7. Steven M K

Steven M K Auditioning

As annoying as it is, ports of PS2 games are generally disappointing. The developers simply don't take the time to optimize the games for the more powerful systems. In some cases, the games even look/play WORSE, which is completely inexcusable IMHO.