What's new

Medal Of Honor: Frontlines (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I picked up the new OPM today and have been busy playing the demo of my next game. The Germans have the advantage because the demo won't give me inverse look. Sadly, there is a time limit on the demo, which sucks because I'm a cautious FPSer.

jeremy

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit
I've played this as well. It is pretty good, but there are definitly a few AI problems right now. I'm sure they will get fixed before the final release though.

Sean

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
What is the premise of this installment? I had quite a bit of fun with Allied Asssault a few months ago, I was kind of hoping for an Axis Assault where you get to play as the enemy.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Tell us please. I'm playing MOHAA for the second time right now. Along with Max Payne for the 3rd, and I'd like to see what this is like.

BUT I want more single maps for MOHAA .... everybody makes MP maps .. how about SP maps!

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I am about the get my new PC and was considering MOH:AA but was wondering if MOH:FL would be a good substitute, rather than get both. I don't have a lot of gaming time and money and I prefer console games; big widescreen tv, 5.1 speakers, recliner with heat, massage and a built in refrigerator. I don't play mulitiplayer since I'm on a dial up. Will they be so similar that I'll only need one.

jeremy

And its EA, they're very good about 16x9 support.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
The audio on MOH:Frontline is very good, but the visuals are disappointing with blurry texture work, and the A.I. is some of the worst I've come across. Although it did provide for some unintentional laughs. Case in point, I decided to flush out a german hiding around a wall with a hand grenade. The german notices the handgrenade and high tails it out of there. Unfortunately an ally of mine chases after the german running directly towards the hand grenade and gets promptly blown up. Doh! But, there are other more glaring issues, such as enemies getting hit and continuing to remain in place instead of reacting. Your troops firing at god knows what when there are enemy soldiers in the immediate vicinity they seem oblivious to. The gameplay seems sluggish, and the dual shock just isn't the best controller for fps. The analog sticks have a stickiness to them that makes lining up shots far more difficult then it should be.

I would definitely go with allied assault over frontline if the demo is representative of the final product, which hopefully it won't be, but, I have a feeling with a june 6 release date, that it is. Too bad, really.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Is frontline staying to the PS2 or will it appear on the cube and x-box at some point? I know MOH: AA is due for the X-Box sometime this year.

Dan

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
This is a tricky issue. A previous issue of gamepro claimed that the xbox would receiver either MOH:AA or MOH:Frontline depending on microsoft's online plans. If their network would be up and running in short order, then it would be allied assault, so they could incorporate online options. If not, they would concentrate on delivering a single-player experience and bring Frontline over. At least, that's what I remember from the article. I've heard of no mention of the medal of honor games for the gamecube.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I don't think we will be seeing any Medal of Honor games on the GC any time soon. Frontline might actually be a PS2 exclusive, since they are already releasing Allied Assault on the X-Box, I can't see them porting Frontline to it unless AA is extremely popular on the X-Box.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I didn't like the graphics at first, but the atmosphere was so good it didn't matter. I did notice after crossing the bridge, I was shooting a German across the hull of the tank but the German wasn't being hit, and I didn't miss. I took a step to the right and then he went down. I also bothers me when FPSs with heavy machine guns (like this or Red Faction) portray them as being very inaccurate. The MG40s (or are they 34s?) are better than the .30 on the jeep but the .30 is shooting every which way. Machine guns had the power, range and accuracy that could not be mathced. Especially when fixed on a support like that jeep.

I hear that Halo has a seperate button for grenades. I hate having to shuffle through my weapons just to use one.

jeremy

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I could see it hitting the other consoles. I use Agent Under Fire as a reference, hit PS2, then a month or two past, and before you'd got done reading the announcement there it was on Cube and X-Box as well.

EA seem to like sharing the love.

Dan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
EA seems to like sharing the love.
Too bad they couldn't see past themselves enough to share some of that love for the good old Dreamcast:frowning: Buts thats another story all together....:angry:
Now as for Frontline I see it coming to other consoles. I wouldn't be suprised to see MOHAA on the PS2 of Cube as well. EA has remained very multi-platform as of late and I dont think the MOH series will be any different.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
You know, when I thought about it, I didn't really miss EA games on the beloved Dreamcast...

Dan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I didn't really miss EA games on the beloved Dreamcast?
Not to move too off-topic Dan but one of the main contributors to the death of the DC IMO was EA's lack of support.(Seeing as how they are one of, if not THE biggest third party's around). I really do not like sports games myself (of course EA releases more than that but its what they are most known for) and EA's presence wasn't missed by me either but their support would have gone a long way in helping the DC's image and overall success.(Just my opinion as always)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
No, I am in 100% agreement. I did share the anger toward them for not supporting the console, but what I meant was I was having so much joy with the games the DC did get I totally forgot about my want for the odd EA title.

Dan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Well here goes all that PS2 exclusive talk...Right out the window!
Click Here
How long shall we wait for the inevitable X-box announcement?

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I stand corrected. ;) :D
Well this is excellent news none the less since I don't own a PS2, nor will I ever. I have Allied Assult for the PC and love it, I hope the game lives up to it's standards.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Having never played Allied Assault, I am anticipating playing a new Medal of Honor. I pre-ordered Frontlines for PS2, but has anybody heard anything concreate about it coming to XBOX? If that's the case, I'd just as soon wait. But if XBOX is getting Allied Assault, that would be great news, I'd love to get the chance to play it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks