What's new

Mechwarrior movie? (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Hopefully it's ALOT better than the lame-assed attempt, back in the '80's, called "Robotjox". :rolleyes

...I can't remember if there were any other "Mech" based movies.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Ahh yes I remember the greatness that was Robotjox! :D I seem to remember a very similar movie from the 80's too but I can't think of the name off the top of my head. I think if done correctly, a Mechwarrior movie could actually be pretty good. Guess we will have to wait and see.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
There was RoboJox which was sort of intresting and Robot Wars which made absolutely no sense at all. Yes ive seen both of them :)

What they should do is get guys who play Mech Assault from the HTF all the time to play the Mech Guys. Boy the one liners they would get could win a Emmy :)

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I still have both on VHS somewhere hidden in my closet along with some other "movie classics" hehe

capt

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Unfortunately, anything that Dean Devlin is involved in usually sucks. This is going to be Robotjox with a bigger budget.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Unfortunately, anything that Dean Devlin is involved in usually sucks
He got off to a nice start with Stargate and Independence Day. But, I can't argue with your statement over his last 2 turds: Godzilla, 8 Legged Freaks. :rolleyes

Too bad about Godzilla. They certainly had the special effects down pat but, Ferris Buehler for a lead?!!? Link Removed Who the hell was responsible for the casting in that movie?!!?

I suppose a better story would've helped a bit too. :laugh:

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Godzilla...yeah..too many pitfalls...like there is no insulator on those fat live wires Ferris Bueler used to "electricute" Gumpzilla for the simple reason none would work. Not to mention those damm torpedoes hitting afriendly sub....geez....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks