Mechassult Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GregZ, Jan 9, 2003.

1. GregZ

GregZ Agent

Hey I am stuck on the level where you start in power armor and have to steal a mech. I keep getting killed by mechs and don't really know where I'm supposed to go or do.
    Please help,
    Thanks
    Greg

2. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Since there is alot to write on how to traverse this level I think it would be easier to just direct you to gamefaqs.com.

I found this level to be a real pain in the butt however there is an easy way to beat the end of it.
    If you have access to IGN.com I would advise you to check out their guide. It helped me complete this level.

3. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I have not finished the getting out part once you steal a mech, but to get in I just ran like hell and used my jump jets like crazy. When the elementals come at you, I tried to hide behind stuff as much as possible.

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Greg,
    This level is a real pain since the way to proceed isn't really that well laid out. If you are getting killed by the first two Pumas though, this is a way to get by them:
    Once you enter the area with the hangers, the Pumas appear. They may or may not go invisible, but there are 2 of them hanging around. Just keep running and jumping next to the wall behind the hangers and avoid fighting them. At the end of hanger 2 (or 3?) there is a gateway you can walk through that the Pumas will have some trouble getting past. Go through that gateway and you will see another hanger or two and a gate. Basically, jumpjet on top of the hanger and then jumpjet over the wall by the gate. The Pumas will not follow you in here.
    Be warned though, there are elementals in this area and they will attack on sight. Better to fight some elementals than a couple Pumas though [​IMG]
    Good Luck...