What's new

MechAssault Download Content Soon! (1 Viewer)

Leo

Second Unit
Ahh, a perfect day to telecommute. Glad I picked this Thursday to work from home. ;)

Frederick

Second Unit
What time do you guys start the Group Play on Thursday's? Every time I log on, I don't see anyone and end up playing with a bunch of people who know I suck :laugh: ...

Freddy C.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
All right you lot, please send me some friend invitations so I can join some of y'all on Thursday. I don't have any friends (boo hoo) ;)

Xbox Live: "Snakefish"

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
IGN is reporting tommorrow as well. Joy. I look foward to playing tommorrow. I did damn well tonight, just start calling me kill stealer :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
At this point it looks like I'll be on about 11pm EST(regardless of whether updates are released). I'm assuming you guys will still be going strong. If you see me, somebody drop me an invite...

HTF gaming rules.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
The content is now up, as soon as you log on to Live you are forced to DL an update, then the game restarts and you can get the Mechs and maps. You download them individually, the two maps are about 2000 blocks each, and the mechs are around 300. It didn't take to long to download, although I have heard some people have had problems, and it's only 7:30 so I don't think many people are on.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I'm downloading the updates now. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

EDIT: The installation did not go quite as smoothly as I'd hoped. It wasn't a big deal but while the two mechs installed perfectly, it took two tries to get the first map to install and three tries to get the second map to do the same. Be aware it might take a try or two to get everything to go.

EDIT #2: Good news. Both new maps can be used on grinder. :emoji_thumbsup: My first impressions of the maps are very positive. They aren't retreads of the other lava and snow maps.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I had the same loading issue with Stone Cold. Third try and it loaded with no problems. Everything else went smooth as silk. I loaded mine this morning prior to work to beat the rush so to speak. ;)

Good news. Both new maps can be used on grinder.
I noticed that. :emoji_thumbsup: Don't know why more maps weren't available for that mode in the first place. I play that quite a bit as it's good practice and a good opportunity to test new mechs.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
About grinder: I have no idea why either. There's really no reason all of the maps shouldn't be useable.

I fooled around a bit with both of the new mechs. They're somewhat similar. You really can notice the extra time on their defensive specials.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Downloading right now... going kinda slow :frowning:

Looking forward to kicking everyone's ass tonight ;)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I got them. Both maps stopped in the middle of downloading and said "error installing content", but they worked the second time. Overall I guess I'm satisfied with the maps, but the Mechs leave something to be desired.

Jeffrey Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone having trouble getting this to download?

I went home at lunch and tried about 10 times over the course of a half hour, but didn't get anything. I got the message that there was new content and that I had to d/l it before playing online, and then it would switch to the updating your system message and progress bar. It would sit there for about 10 or 15 seconds, and then say "Xbox Live is not responding. Please try again later."

This was between 12:15 and 12:45 EST. Did anyone else try during that time?

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Hey fellas, count me in for tonight, too. I haven't been on Live in a while, but I hope to jump on about 10:00 Central Time tonight--keep an eye out for me.

MrDarthVader & Scar: Any news on whether the update lets you clearly see and hear your teammates the entire time?:laugh:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Guys ill be on tonight. sorry about last night. My mobo crashed so i was trying to fix my comp. Im on my brothers at the moment.See you tonight

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks