What's new

MechAssault Download Content Soon! (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
From the XBox forums:

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know that the first batch of DLC has completed its test pass and is currently in the XBOX official certification process. That means you should be seeing the new maps and 'Mechs any day now (my guess is by the end of next week). Since you waited so long we are going to combine the first four packages and release them all at once instead of a couple a weeks apart.

Thanks for waiting, I know it's been tough.

tj
Aboot time!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
About freaking time

I say that the HTF will have to test this new content thouroughly for bugs the day it comes out ;)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I'm kinda thinking that day it does eventually come out and if they do release it all in one big chunk, Live will go down or at least be very slow. I would guess that in order to add new maps and such it will end up being a pretty big DL, like somewhere around 50 to 75 megs, which means with everyone and their cousin trying to DL it the servers are going to be stressed big time. Hard to say though since you'd think they've planned for it, but with all the troubles with the downloads so far it wouldn't surprise me.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Travis,

Your probably right. No biggie though. I'll just set it to download and watch TV or do something else until it finishes. I'm interested to see what they've done but I'm not excited. I can wait.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
This package will include the 2 Mechs (Raven and Corvus), 2 maps (Hell's Kitchen and Stone Cold) and some Live updates.

Personally, I'm more interested in the Live updates. If they've made the interface for Live better and fixes the dropping issues, It'll keep me happy enough until then new game modes are released.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Graeme,

I believe the Capture-The-Flag game mode is supposed to be in there as well. They should really develop one Live interface for all the games that is definitive. Let the individual developers make cosmetic changes but nothing else. It's tough to see interfaces of differing quality, options, and features.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
If they fix the live interface as some have said that would be the best update in my book. Being able to go back to the lobby would be f'n sweet.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Can not wait. Hopefully it comes out Thursday for our Mech Assault night :)

capt

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'm with Paul, at this point I'll believe it when it is downloading to my HD ;)

CTF would be nice in the next patch with those lil mechs too.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Wasn't one of the maps supposed to be specifically made for CTF? Oh, well. CTF was really the biggest reason I was looking forward to the patch. Hopefully, they'll release it soon.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
They should really develop one Live interface for all the games that is definitive. Let the individual developers make cosmetic changes but nothing else.
That would get my vote.

Looking forward to this download - mostly because it will be interesting to see how seamless it is, also because of the new goodies. Although I'm not excited for the Hell's Kitchen map as I'm sick of the dark and smokey look of the lava levels after completing the single player campaign. I'd like some more like River City. And access to all these maps in Grinder. :emoji_thumbsup:

Re: the potential for slowdown. I would think this would be set on a dedicated server for just this reason. Thoughts?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Looks like it will fall on group play day. You can be sure we will be playing with the new mechs and maps so pick em up when they are released

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks