What's new

Mech Assault (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I've now decided I can't stand trash talk. It just makes me want to reach through my DSL line and choke someone. :)
90% of it would never be said in physical presence (and if it did things would get out of hand). If it's not OK there why is it OK online? I much prefer restraint from smack.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Count me in for some sweet Mech Assault online destruction. This game is so fun. Too bad the lobbey interface is horrible though. Usually on after 9pm cst.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'll be on some after 9 tonite for Mech action if anybody wants to send an invite; if I don't get any I'll host and send out invites to my friends list (which I'm still adding names to from the various threads).

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
i am going to pick up XBL and MechAssault, this game sounds cool. i for some reason thought a $100 controller was required for this game but if the regular joypad works then i'm interested..

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I finally got my Live and MA with it... so feel free to add me if you need target practice :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Hi Folks,
Haven't caught any of you online yet, so no chance to add any friends for MA. Made up a nice little list of the names mentioned so far, feel free to print a copy to keep handy while you play MechAssault. If anyone wants to add to the Xbox Live MA list, just post your gamertags here and I'll try to update it once a week or so. If it get big enough, I might even write some perl to catalogue it...
I usually host some games from 11:00 pm - 1:00 am MST, if you are around then, look for the Gaspacket baby! I betcha I could even frag Romier S (is that a challenge?), well maybe one once but still -- I'm good ;)
Enjoy:

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Uggh, it nuked my tabs. Here's an easier to read version:

HTF MechAssault List:

Joe Szott -- Gaspacket
Paul_Fisher -- War Eagle
Mike_G -- StarTHX
Tim Markley -- CrazyEyesKilla
Frederick -- Dark Rayne
Chris ROck -- RockMeister
WillY -- isyoox
Brian E -- RogueLeader
M. St.Clair -- Beer Monkey
Dave Scarpa -- Scarpad
Scott "E" -- Buck Thrustwell
Romier S -- FutureVoid
Chris Flynn -- RuFfNeCk
BryanK -- Vipor
Oscar Saenz -- Scar
Dean Cooper -- Solitice
Jeremy_Nelson -- Adelic
Dave Falasco -- PoisonJam
hwshi -- ant1
Andrew Grall -- BGPackFan
Ryan Peter -- Bob Roberts
Romar Armas -- GunnerX
Dave W -- Magness
Camp -- iCamp
Travis Kolesar -- Orpheus
Dave Sabo -- Amisar

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Nice list, I might be playing NFL 2K3 tonight (so many games, so little time), but if not, I will try to find some of you guys. 9 PM EST is when I usually am ready to play (unless I skip working out, which I've been lots recently)...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Joe,
Thanks for making that list! Tonite I'll send requests to anybody who is not already on my list.
Got to play a round with Camp last night, but we had voice problems...I couldn't hear 98% of what he was saying!
Then later I got to play with Dave Scarpa and Oscar Saenz, and a couple of Oscar's friends (who were cool).
I like the Catapult myself, and online I've probably played 80% Catapult, 20% Mad Cat. I'd say I've won around half of the matches I've played online...until last night.
Oscar is wicked with the Vulture. If Romier is half as good as I hear, I want to see him play Oscar. It should be a good match. I need to try some more mechs; I've probably only played half of them. Matching the best mech to use for your play style and for different situations (levels, opposing mech type) certainly adds a little more depth to the game than many people will see on the surface.
We did run into some bugs (kept dropping one person whenever we tried to start a 5 or 6 player game), and slowdown can be awful with 8 players and projectiles and lighting effects everywhere.
At the end we played a Team match with random strangers (and I ended up having to play on the 'other' team), and it was fun except for some kid (probably 12 years old) who just wouldn't shut his mouth for 5 seconds.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Mike,

I'll look for you tonight, I should be on late after the family hits the sack. I have little idea how the friends system works, I've mostly just been getting connected and going for the 'optimatch' setting. I'll have to figure out how to find other folk's games and add you all to the friends list.

I don't use the Catapult much, but I've only had the game for four days yet (so I haven't used a whole lot of the Mechs yet.) Favorite mech depend on the situation, but all things equal I really like the Uziel and Puma. Puma is a little too weak for the deathmatch-is-king lifestyle of MA right now, but if they add CTF or Steal the Bacon type variants I think lil Mechs will come into their own. Uziel can hold it's own right now with decent armor, twin PPCs, jump jets, and chaff. Boy, I can piss off some big mechs with that sucker!

Anyway, hope to catch some of you online soon.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I want to play too!

With GR getting most of my attention, it'll be a nice change of pace to play some MA with you guys tonight!

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Put me on the list please! Mighlybuddah is my tag name. BTW, I am currently 650-220 in team death match, with the first 100 deaths occuring the first few games I played:)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I played a game last night against a guy who really knew how to use that Vulture. Man, I could not get a bead on that speedy sucker! He was juking, diving, and lunging all over the place and I couldn't bring my armament to bear on him. I finally nailed him a few times, but he gave as good as he got. I think he ended up getting me twice, while I took him out 3 times. Pretty damn good for a Vulture going against a Mad Cat. It was a crazy 2v2v2v2 battle, but he and I basically locked onto one another and spent the whole time duking it out.

Michael, I got your invite a few times, but the timing was never right and I always ended up missing the session. The same thing was happening with JFo the night before. Oh well, we'll all hook up one of these nights I'm sure.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'll try to get on from around 10-11 tonite (EST).

This week is going to be tough as I am playing catch-up at work. Going to seriously cut into gaming time. Most weeks I'll be on for more hours than this week.

Dave,

Same thing happens to me, I got a couple of invites last night but the timing was all wrong. I hope I wasn't annoying you with too much 'yellow icon'.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Michael, I don't need this kind of pressure! Now Romier is going to feel as though he has just been challenged.;) I already know he can kick my butt in Ghost Recon, maybe I can at least hold my own against him in MechAssault.
Also, you were not so bad yourself - especially when you played with the Mad Cat!
Maybe we shouldn't play in public matches again. I wanted to strangle that kid.
I'll be on tonight between 9:00 - 11:00 p.m. CST. Send me an invite. I was getting used to having "Beer Monkey" in my sites.:D

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I hope I wasn't annoying you with too much 'yellow icon'.
Not at all!! I was happy to hear from you, just frustrated that I couldn't join you. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you!

I'll try to be on tonight as well, maybe we'll all have better luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks