What's new

Mech Assault (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Definitely 480p!! Not 16:9. Played last night for HOURS UPON HOURS!

This is the most all out gut wrenching actiony fun I've had since Contra Shattered Soldier. Its a totally visceral experience and I loved every minute of it. Myself and my fellow HTF'ers "Meched it up" last night and had a seriously FANTASTIC time.

The singly player is a fun diversion but the online aspects of this game will keep me playing for a long time.

*Hops back into his Catapult Mech*

3. If you host a game or join a game for that matter there is no way to continue to play with the same group of guys after a session ends. You always get bounced back to the main menu. There should be a way to just change maps etc and stay in the game Moto GP can do this.

4. There also needs to be more options for Hosts. Can you kick a problem Player? I don't thinks so.
Agreed, the game setup options for Mechassault leave ALLOT to be desired. More time could have been spend streamlining the experience. Hopefully some updates are done to the games interface in the future.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Catapult all the way for me. Perfect combination in my opinion of power, endurance and speed (most would say the mech is slow I know but once you get to know this medium sized mech your perspective would change:)).
Jump Jets are your friend. They can save your ass on many of occasions. Not to run away, but to avoid missle fire. If you have oncoming missles wait until the last second and jump jet to the left or right to just avoid (and allot of times greatly lessen) the damage. You can come away almost completely undamaged from a battle by becoming familiar with using the jump jets.
Also use your environment! You see three mechs fighting on a bridge? Dont go for the mechs. Eliminate the bridge under them. All three will fall to thier deaths adding 3 more kills to your total.
A building that falls straight down still causes damage to a mech that is near it. Remember that:). Have a guy in game that likes to jump jet onto building? Eliminate the building. Youll kill him almost immediately as he crumbles with the wreckage.
#1 tip I can give. Get to know your Mech. Know its strengths and its weaknesses. Always Salvage what you kill, if your good you can kill 3-4 enemies before they get 1 kill on you in a game.

I think the biggest improvement that needs to be made is tracking the number of thievery kills that Romier and Cal steal from other players. :D Nothing more frustrating that laying into a guy, getting him smoking just to watch Romier swoop in like a vulture and treat him like carrion.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
I bought this game in hopes that it would replace Halo as my new favorite multiplayer game. At this point, I'm a little let-down.

The game itself is friggen awesome, crazy fun. However, the ability to only have 2 players per Xbox is limiting. None of my friends have broadband internet available, so we are limited to system link play. To get all 8 of us playing, we would need 4 Xboxes and 4 TVs all in the same house, where Halo only requires 2. The only hopes we have for getting 8 players in a game would be to setup a wireless network (2 of my friends are neighbors, across the street from each other).

I also found the lack of multiplayer options pretty disheartening. For some reason, you can't turn off the time limit. I hate time limits.

Also, I think I got a bad disc, as everytime we would finish a multiplayer game, we'd get a disc read error from the Xbox, and have to reboot.

Other than these nitpicks, the game in unbelievably fun. I could just sit around and blow up buildings all day long.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else's music skip during the menu screens? Everytime i move to highlight another option the music skips or pauses. The game itself plays fine though.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, mine came this morning! Too bad Xbox Live is down at the moment. *sigh*

Played a few single player missions, and it seems very cool so far. Graphics are quite nice and detailed, and the control seems easy to pick up. Sound is good too!

See you guys on Xbox Live!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Nothing more frustrating that laying into a guy, getting him smoking just to watch Romier swoop in like a vulture and treat him like carrion.
Oh Wally, your just disgruntled cause I kept handing you your walking papers last night;). The cry of the disenfranchised.
Its called survival of the fittest.
PS. Yes I am instigating. I will see you tonight:D.(What fun is online battle if we can't trash talk).

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
Since we are all beta testers here, is anyone or all of us telling MS the problems or drawbacks to these games?
I was on the phone with them the other day about my live disk and we got to talking, it seems they are listening to our ideas, the more input about a subject the faster they will try to resolve it and make it better. at least thats what they told me anyway, and he did know all requests that I left them. And mentioned that most of the testers are not been leaving them any info, just playing.
He also mentioned that they dont receive to many complements just the complaints.... So maybe if we all sent them I smiley face and a thumbs up just before we swamp them with a list of demands it might just make there day :D
Just figure I'd pass this on...
I'll be in the box tonight!! hope to see you there!

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
I also played for over four hours last night. This game is too much fun. I'm surprised I didn't run into more of you guys.
I planned on playing Ghost Recon as well...
Romier, add me to your friends list so that I can get an invite!:emoji_thumbsup:

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
i think this game is a bit hard in the 1player mode, maybe its just me, i dont have any strategy.. but this better be better on live....

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
it seems they are listening to our ideas, the more input about a subject the faster they will try to resolve it and make it better. at least thats what they told me anyway, and he did know all requests that I left them. And mentioned that most of the testers are not been leaving them any info, just playing.
Thats to be expected. People tend to avoid the positives and focus on the negative. The one thing to remember here (and this is something I was speaking to a friend about earlier today) is that these are launch titles ladies and gentleman. There will be mistakes. No doubt developers in the future will learn from the mistakes being made right now with the menu options and so forth so on, as long we give them feedback. Not happy with Mechassaults setup options? Snail mail, Call or Email MS about it.

No doubt future online games will be improved over the first wave of releases. Nothing like this type of online service comes off without a hitch and there will always be things with room for improvement.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Romier.

Another question: Do you guys think these content downloads will be made available to non-broadband enabled users? Hopefully it will be something other than the OXM demo disc.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Wow, more 'first impressions' threads.
As I stated in this one, I'd really love to see a more strategic mode like Capture The Flag.
It sounds like the matching interface can use some work. Also, I hear the only ranking system is based on total kills...ridiculous!
Hopefully they have left hooks for true dynamic upgrades, and that the 'downloadable content' for MA is not simply keys that unlock existing hiddent modes/mechs/levels on the disc.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Another question: Do you guys think these content downloads will be made available to non-broadband enabled users? Hopefully it will be something other than the OXM demo disc.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. That is part of what sells Xbox Live. I understand that this leaves the Xbox owners that can't get BB out in the cold, but I don't think it'll matter. The packaging for MA clearly states that the extra content is only available through the Live service.

Another point is that MS has some strict policies on what tags can be placed in a game for future downloads. They are there to maintain an "upgrade" or "add-on" status rather than "patch" if you know what I mean. Expect improvements with upcoming games, but I highly doubt the current ones will change menu wise.

Dean

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there is a game or two coming out where there will be magazine disc updates in addition to online updates.

Unfortunately, I don't remember where the article was (or what the games in question were).

I would expect this to be the exception, and not the rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks