What's new

Mech Assault content available (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well, I had fun tonight playing CTF, but not with the HTF crew (because that seems to be an impossibility in Mechassault for some reason).

CTF in Mechassault is a great game with the wide variety of Mechs to choose from for different roles, and the fact that they're a little harder to kill than in your average FPS game. Working as a team, even just a little, can make a huge difference. It can be the difference between a close game, and a blowout.

As for the other half of the update.... The damn lobbies are still nowhere near what I had hoped, and I'll just give up on them. The few improvements are fine, but it does nothing to help you get a game started with friends, as you can't join a game in progress (although I wasn't totally expecting it to do that), the friends list still doesn't properly show what games people are playing, and the voice indicator only seems to work some of the time (most of the time the in game indicator seems to only show when a single person is talking).

Not to mention that Optimatch seems to be completely broken for most people.

Maybe my expectations were to high, but I was half expecting them to almost start from scratch. Ah well, I guess I'll stick with it a little while longer.

Hope I can actually connect with you guys sometime.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah the lobbies had some enhancements but still need a little fixing.

I like capture the flag as well. I have to get used to playing with mechs again. After playing wolfenstein since release the mechs seem very slow

capt

Jason Ly

Agent
I'm glad I finally got to play with you folks. I had a lot of fun with CTF. Send me an Invite next time you need a Promy to pound on those D@%# Flag stealing chicken mechs.

Jay

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
No problem, David. I wish they had included a feature to simply join the game when you select one of your friends though. That would make it much easier.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, whatever happened to that one on one tournament that was being held in March? Did that just fizzle?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Will actually i hope to finish it. Its us two vs each other and myz vs frolich. If anyone sees them let them know and when your ready will we can play our match

capt

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, I just d/l the content last night. It is great! I fell back into my mech-killin mode after only one game (I haven't played in a while and was worried I might have forgot...but alas its like riding a bike thank god).

I will be on tonight, if you all haven't added me to your list and would like to do so, my gamertag is RG Ripper (yes, space between RG and Ripper)

See you all around and I look forward to making molten metal with the HTF crew!

--Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks