(Mech) Assault & Battery: Pick your favorite 'Mech

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Mitchosky, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I'm finally getting the time to spend with MechAssault and am having a blast both on and offline. What I have found to be immeasurably helpful is playing the Grinder multiplayer mode relying on the bots for competition. Great way to familiarize yourself with the different 'Mech and weapon designs. With that in mind I'm posting a poll to see which are the most popular 'Mechs. Vote and feel free to comment on your choice below. I've left off the Elemental because a) there's a maximum of 20 entries for polls, and b) who's going to favor them? [​IMG] They are arranged from Light to Assault class.

I'm not unique in my preference for the Mad Cat. It's average speedwise but very well armoured and you gotta love the twin PPCs and multi-missile system. As a cool down alternative you also get the machine guns. And the target jamming is great to have for your defences. The downside is that it's not as agile as the lighter 'Mechs and it has no jump jet ability, plus you need to adjust to the charge-up time of the PPCs.

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I'm looking for some competition with my Prometheus. Every single game I play in the other team drops because my team is killing them so bad. If anybody wants a game, please invite me.

3. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

My vote is for the Ymir.
    Team me up with someone a bit faster, and let the mayhem begin![​IMG]

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Uziel here, with the Catapult in second for me now. Jump Jets, pumped up PPC's and really good speed equal a can of whoop ass just waiting to be opened.