What's new

Measuring room response (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
Ok. I have finally started to measure my room response for my 360L 16hz Tempest. I have a few simple questions that my researching may or may not have answered...

1. Does the volume have an effect on the readings?
2. Should I ultimately measure from the listening position?
3. Has anyone experienced headaches or earaches from the test tones?
4. If I move the sub, will the in room readings change?
5. Do I need to measure every tone from 10 to 100? Or perhaps every 5th or so?

Thanks

A

Anthony_Gomez

Paul:
1) it will not effect your room corrections. The relatice spl differences between the peaks and troughs will be the same. Just make sure you test with an SPL that is loud enough to block out ambient noise, and not so loud that it hurts your ears, or starts vibrating things in the house too much (these "heard" noises will change your readings)
2) absolutely
3) no....though sub 20hz test tones may make you feel nausious. how high of a frequency and at what SPL are you testing at?
4) absolutely. you can use a program like below to get an idea on where your peaks and troughs will be at.
http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/reflection/rrc.htm
5)click on my link below for some 1/12th octave sinewave test tones from 10-100hz. there is also a program that will help for plotting the data and in choosing the EQ corrections (if you have a BFD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks