What's new

Meaning of Life SE-Sept 2 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Oh thank god.

This is the only Python disc I don't have. And the old version retails for $80 now.

I just wish Universal would re-release Mystery Science Theater 3000 the movie as well.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
THANK YOU!!!!!!! This is the last thing I need to complete my Python dvd collection and I have been holding out for the last 3 years or so due to the very high prices on Ebay.

It's about time!

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
I know this is from Universal's website, but who thinks this could be delayed, as other Image/Universal re-issues have been?

I am certainly tempted to dump my current disc on ebay, but don't want to have Universal yank their re-issue and leave me with no Meaning of Life...my life has so litle meaning as it is. ;)

Quick profit vs. Meaning of Life.

I want both.

Christian P

Stunt Coordinator
At last!
I refrained from buying the old version, even as it came out, because it wasn't anamorphic.

Thanks for the info!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
This is great news! Now all we need is an SE of Life of Brian that's not Criterion-priced and we're set.

Actually, a non A&E-priced release of Flying Circus wouldn't hurt either...

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
From thedigitalbits.com Rumor Mill

Oh, but there's more! Universal is set to announce the DVD release of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life: Special Edition on September 2nd! Can you hear us all giggling like school girls here at The Bits? Look for both Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio, a new introduction by Eric Idle, audio commentary, deleted scenes, The Meaning of Making the Meaning of Life documentary and a slew of featurettes (including The Songs, Snipped Bits, Un Film de John Cleese, Songs Unsung, Education Tips, Fish, Re-mastering a Masterpiece, Song and Dance, Virtual Reunion and Selling the Meaning of Life). How bleedin' cool is that!?
Nice.

-Chad

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
YES! Finally my Python collection can be complete (well, sans And Now for Something Completely Different which doesn't really count ;))

:D

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Joel C

Screenwriter
$80? Why didn't I pick this one up when it was $5 at Wal-Mart? Oh, the pain! :)

I've been very tempted to sell my MST3K:TM as I see more of these re-release announcements.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
YES!
I was just thinking about the fact that right now is the 20th Anniversary of the release of The Meaning of Life, and wondering if an SE DVD was in the works!

"I don't care WHY they're dressed as a tiger... have they got my leg?!"

:emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Does anyone want my copy of the original DVD. I'll let it go for the market value of $80 ;)

This is good news for all Monty Python fans. I don't think I'll double-dip on this one, unless I can unload the current DVD at a nice price. Maybe I'll try to eBay it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks