What's new

Meadowlark Blue Heron vs Blue Heron 2 ? (1 Viewer)

Eric.Stef

Auditioning
Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to Meadowlark’s Blue Heron and Blue Heron 2? I would like to get your feedback on the two speakers. I am especially interested in your comparison of the two different tweeters used. The Blue Heron uses a Gas Piezo tweeter (heard great things about them) and the Blue Heron uses the radiator ring tweeter. I currently own Kestrel Hotrods and was thinking of upgrading.

Your feedback/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I've only heard the original Blue Heron and was impressed. Since you already own Kestrel's you are familiar with the Meadowlark sound (time/phase accurate, etc.). The original BH sounds similar to the Kestrel (but with more extension and impact).

Jason Brent

Second Unit
How do you guys like your larks? I've been interested in this brand for some time now, but have never heard them. I've never lived anywhere near where I could go listen.

They look beautiful. Do they still make that monster, I think it's called the nightingale?

Eric.Stef

Auditioning
Jason,

I really enjoy the sound of the Hotrod Kestrels, all well recorded CDs sound very rich and detailed. I really wonder how much better Meadowlark’s higher end products sound.

If you are looking for speakers, I would definitely try to give them a listen. One thing to keep in mind is that these speakers take a long time to break in. So make sure the ones you listen to have been fully broken in. When I first received my speakers they did not sound “right” but after about 200+ hours they really opened up, now I have a grin for ear to ear when listening to them. It is a very musical speaker.

I think that Meadowlark still makes the Nightingales but they are custom built and need to be ordered, check out their web site meadowlarkaudio.com. Another very nice reasonably priced speaker is the PSB Stratus Silver. Best of luck in your speaker search.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks