What's new

me against salesman, help! (1 Viewer)

MichaelDW

Stunt Coordinator
I asked this once allready but I'll try again. I only have room for a 5.1 surround setup, is(dts,dd,prologic2) the only things that I need if I never plan on haveing 6.1,7.1 or whatever they come up with next? and is there a feature or a way that I can use the back surround speakers as mains when someone is trying to sleep?

Alex Yang

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

1. Is this the ONLY thing I need...? (More than likely YES, for the forseeable future...) 1yr to 2 yrs

2. Is there a feature to use the back surround speakers as mains...? Unfortunately NO, as the speakers are "wired" from the back of your receiver as SURROUND speakers, if you wanted to use them a "primary" speakers you would need to "REWIRE" them to the "Speaker B" terminals instead...

I have the same problem when my four year old is trying to sleep, hence the reason why I purchased Sennheiser HD600 headphones and enjoy my surround sound via Dolby Digital Headphone out (Denon 5803)...

Good luck,

-Alex

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
and is there a feature or a way that I can use the back surround speakers as mains when someone is trying to sleep?
If you dont use the multichannel input on the receiver you could feed the analog record out or a second analog out on the source (if applicable) into the rear l/r of the 6ch input. Kinda wackey but it would work.

-rob

Zacha R

Stunt Coordinator
The Denon 3802 and up let you reassign the surround back amplifiers as mains in a second zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks