McMillian & Wife possibly on the way

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Paul_Scott, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

i was over on Amazon and i noticed that for McMillian & Wife they are listing a page for it, and offering the opportunity for Amazon to contact you when the set becomes available.

now they don't do this for just any movie or tv show that hasn't been released yet-
    they aren't doing it for Kolchak, for instance.
    but they do have pages up for
    Rockford Files and M&W.

i left my email for both these shows (as well as for Bionic Woman which also has a page).
    maybe they are on the fence with these and are waiting first to see how much interest Amazon is logging on them- or maybe they are going to get a release anyway.

nothing to get real excited about, i guess, but the last time i noticed they had a page up without a concrete release date, was for Night Gallery- as soon as i heard the rumour of the set on Gords site i went over and registered to be notified.
    and a week or two later i was.

i'm crossing my fingers on these three.

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I'm for it.

3. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Second Unit

Chris H
  4. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I'd gladly take getting it through that venue since it would be a R1 set! Let's hope it's true.

5. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I have "notification" alerts for several abandoned series and a few that've never even had a "rumor" that I'm aware of ("Bob Newhart Show" - S5 and S6, "Newhart" S2, "Remember WENN", "Still Standing", to name a few). My understanding is that amazon will use this information to notify studios of desired titles. I've heard they've leaned on some to get product released based on the number of "notifications" requested.

6. Jack P

Jack P Producer

But this is a case where the info is on the VEI site and I can't imagine why they would list a title they've never done anything with before unless it indicated a serious commitment to license and release it.

7. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Second Unit

Chris H
    There is no amazon.ca listing for McMillian & wife which is where it would be if it were released by VEI. VEI's website had Gimme A Break The Complete Series on its website as an upcoming release for the longest time, and only this weekend did it become available to preorder on amazon.ca. My guess is that VEI is already working on the release of McMillian & Wife season two. This will probably only be a Canadian release but that's fine for the US.

8. Guest

Now if they would get the show on the road with season 3 of hart to hart and season 2 of

life goes on that would be good

9. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I do have to say that it's great to see that if this pans out, we will only have two "one and done" Universal titles from 2005 left with "McCloud" and "Kojak". There was a time not too long ago when this number was as high as 11.

10. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    The release of McMillan and Wife season 2 or any of the remaining unreleased NBC Mystery Movie shows would be great news.

11. Jack P

Jack P Producer

And we have confirmation now. I may not even let myself wait for the US release date!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/McMillan-Wife-Season-2/13788

12. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Box art is now out for S2 at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/McMillan-Wife-Season-2/13917 On the plus side, VEI tries to duplicate the style and design of Universal's packaging for S1 which is great for shelf-consistency (even duplicating the NBC Mystery Movie logo that Universal put on S1 plus S1-2 of "McCloud" and S3 of "Columbo") but on the negative side they use a picture of Hudson from S1 since he was clean-shaven from S2 onward.

13. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Great news. Now if only Warner would start doing this 'out of house' releasing as well, VEI or whoever could do a good job with their titles too I'm sure.

14. Jack P

Jack P Producer

My copy came from Amazon Canada on the release date which was a pleasant surprise. I haven't had time to watch but I was disappointed in the packaging which uses a single Amray case and inside four discs spread out on both sides with one overlaying the other meaning if you want to watch Disc 1 you have to remove Disc 2 first.

Nice to throw out one season's worth of boots though!

15. Jack P

Jack P Producer

VEI announces a March 8 Canada release date for S3!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/McMillan-Wife-Season-3/14888

Amazingly, there has still never been an actual US release for S2 as far as I know.

16. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Second Unit

dan olson
    I've just preordered it! I do wonder tho why season 2, which was just released, is listed as 'unavailable' at amazon.ca and why vei's website is 'currently under construction'... Hope it's not a harbinger of things to come.

http://www.visualentertainment.tv/

17. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Well the site is promising an "all new" site which I think is the explanation for their under construction thing. I do notice that they have the cover art for McMillan And Wife S3 and Snoop Sisters up amongst the titles that are on that construction page so I doubt they're in any kind of trouble (we don't want any more BCI's!)