What's new

MCM sale: 250watt plate amp $100 shipped! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Everyone,
For my first post on this forum I decided to make sure everyone has seen this mcm sale. I tried to post the URL, but alas I do not have the required post count. But for informations sake it is MCM model #50-6281A.

They are on sale for $99.95, but free shipping doesn't kick in until $100. So finding a 5 cent resistor or some other trinket you need is well worth it.

I noticed there were a lot newbie posts in the DIY area today and that everyone was recommending the PE 250watt plate amp. This made me realize a lot of people must not be aware of the sale. I already bought 2($199.90 total, shipped!), and they work great with my ebs shiva's.

Enjoy! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
A lot of people probably know about the store you are talking about, but for those who don't:

http://www.partsexpress.com

I have ordered from them before and been quite happy. This is a great deal, thanks for sharing it.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Thanks, that a great deal. Does anyone know whether there's any type of boost in the amp. I'm assumming there's not since there's no mention of it but I want to make sure.

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
You are very welcome, Frank. I'm thinking about ordering another one also, just because they are such a good deal. I hope more people take advantage of this as well.

Edit:
Frank, I just saw your post in the hardware section. MCM also has their 360watt remote controlled plate amp on sale for $160. I don't know how good they are about changing orders, but if you are going for a 15" this might suite you a little better.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Frank, I just saw your post in the hardware section. MCM also has their 360watt remote controlled plate amp on sale for $160. I don't know how good they are about changing orders, but if you are going for a 15" this might suite you a little better.
I saw that amp and I considered it but it would only give a tad over 1dB more max output which I don't feel is worth the extra $60. The sub is for my parents so they're paying for the parts and I'm building it for them. They're not really into HT like I am so they're trying to keep the price as low as possible. They orignally thought the $100 KLH 10" sub would be good enough for an 11,000ft^3 room:).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks