What's new

McLintock (1 Viewer)

L BENDER

Agent
Real Name
larry
I just finished watching this John Wayne film from 1963 and all I can say is that this is one of the best transfers I have ever seen. Colors and sharpness are outstanding. No restoration needed here.Also check out True Grit, another great transfer in the John Wayne collection.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have to echo that. This transfer looks perfection, every shot just as it should be. If only every film looked as good.

A lot of old Paramount films look so good, I don't think they get the praise they deserve.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Do we need to rebuy True Grit?

FRom DVD Verdict: "Apparently a new transfer that was struck for this new release of True Grit, and not being too familiar with the source material, this 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer looks more soft than anything else. The picture just doesn't stand out too much and there's not a lot of depth to it. " They don't compare the new with the old. :frowning:

From DVD Talk: " The True Grit: Special Collector's Edition sports an improved widescreen, enhanced for 16x9 TVs transfer, correcting the tendency to shift to red that occurs in the previous 2000 DVD release. Looking as if it was shot yesterday, grain is non-existent; overall, the True Grit: Special Collector's Edition is a big improvement over the previous DVD release." That's more like it. I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks