What's new

McHale's Navy Movie Double Feature (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I know this was released in Australia on blu-ray. I originally thought it was region locked but CD Universe is offering it as a import. I can't imagine them selling something that can't be played in the US. Does anyone know if it is playable in the US?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Francis,

Do you have a link to the title? Searched CD Universe

but it only brought back the VHS release as a result.

I am guessing, no, it cannot be played on U.S. players.

However, I remember seeing the McHale's Navy movie

as a kid and would be interested in a copy for myself.

I would also like to investigate if it plays.

Thanks

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Francis,

Do you have a link to the title? Searched CD Universe

but it only brought back the VHS release as a result.

I am guessing, no, it cannot be played on U.S. players.

However, I remember seeing the McHale's Navy movie

as a kid and would be interested in a copy for myself.

I would also like to investigate if it plays.

Thanks

The first McHale's Navy is available from Universal MOD and can be purchased through Amazon or Movies Unlimited. The second, McHale's Navy Joins The Air Force, is still MIA. Universal should have gone ahead and released it as a MOD or put out a double feature collection through TCM.

The MOD of the McHale's Navy is widescreen anamorphic and the transfer is very good. The sound is crisp and clear. I would recommend it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I nearly choked when I saw the price of $67 for

the import -- and that's before shipping charges.

Either I will wait on this title or check out the

MOD disc for at least one of them.

Thanks for providing the link. I remember these

films, would love to own them, but certainly not

at that price.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I think it's around $40 if I ordered it from Autralia. That's the only place that I know it has been released. I suspect that is where it is from. I'm assuming it plays on US dvd players since CD Universe is selling it but I was just wondering if there was any way to confirm it. All the reviews say that it is a beautiful HD transfer.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I have never heard of these. We they actual movies, or just re-cut TV episodes (like the Battlestar Galactica movie)?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Doing some digging it looks like it might be region B encoded. Its released by Manman and someone from Madman posts here on HTF. I sent him a PM asking him to check out this thread. If anyone knows he will.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I have never heard of these. We they actual movies, or just re-cut TV episodes (like the Battlestar Galactica movie)?

They were actual movies. They weren't very expensive. McHale's Navy was shot with Ernest Borgnine and McHale's Nay Joins the Air Force without Ernest Borgnine because he was working on another movie at the time.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Doing some digging it looks like it might be region B encoded. Its released by Manman and someone from Madman posts here on HTF. I sent him a PM asking him to check out this thread. If anyone knows he will.

The site looked like it was region coded but I have noticed that sometimes the info is not always right. The only way CD Unierse could be selling them is if they are not region locked or some were sold region free to CD Universe. The box they are displaying on CD Unierse is consistent with Australian releases.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I went ahead and ordered it through Madman and it definitely plays in this region. The price was $39.99 Australian dollars minus the 10% VAT and shipping was $8.00 through Madman. It looks as good as it ever has. Looks like a lot of effort went into cleaning up this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks