What's new

McHale's Navy - 3/20/07! (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

The Guy who wrote the DVD Talk review was obviously not a fan, A bland Service Comedy?

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Just registering another positive vote for the transfer quality. The prints are generally good, and most scenes are very sharp. I'm guessing here, but I suspect the reviewer might have based a number of his comments off of the first episode. There was quite a bit of stock war footage in that episode, which obviously doesn't hold up well.

I'm not even going to bother addressing the review of the content. You either like this material or you don't.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Why would you base what the VQ of a show is like based on the first episodes of a TV shows? It seems to me that the first few episodes on most shows always look like the worst in the set.

Paul

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I watched the first ep of ``McHale's Navy'' Season 1 last night and I thought the video and sound quality were quite good. It was an episode I'd never seen before where Tim Conway first is introduced to McHale's gang. So, I'm definitely looking forward to watching more episodes based on the first one's quality in terms of picture and sound. Enjoy!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Although I was never a fan of McCale's Navy (haven't watched the reruns since I was a kid), the actors in it and the backstory interest me more than the show itself. I won't be buying this series, but I have to ask...

Ernest Borgnine (who recently turned 90 and is still making movies), Tim Conway, Gavin MacLeod, Bob Hastings, and Carl Ballantine are all still alive. Do most or all of them contribute to the audio commentaries?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks