What's new

McHale's Navy - 3/20/07! (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
After seeing the post about Ironside being list on the DDD site, I decided to search through the upcoming releases and lo and behold, look what I found. First season is on it's way!

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I hope this is true! I loved McHale's Navy!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

It's true, it's true! McHale's Navy is coming! Man, I have a lot of stuff coming in late March including the first season of McHale's...also the second season of ``Sleeper Cell,'', the second season of ``Justice League Unlimited,'' third season of ``JAG,'' and the last season of ``NewsRadio'' (and the first without Phil Hartman, alas).

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
This would be great.Maybe universal is going to finally start releasing some more older titles they had slowed down for awhile. Count me in for season 1 of McHales Navy.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yeah, but Universal is very often the "One and Done" company. :frowning:

(OK, sometimes they're "Two and Through".)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Universal did complete the entire series of the Munsters on dvd.

OHHH. That was only a 2 season show.:
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

tce911

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas c
Michael A

Can you enlighten me on what exact web site you saw that announcement of mchales navy comming out?, can't seem to find any info except the mchales navy movie. on universal studios web site, thanx
Thomas

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
From what I understand, this isn't coming from Universal but from Shout Factory. So is Ironside. I know that several months ago Universal was hawking several of their series out to all of the independents to see who might take a chance. I guess SF decided too although from what I heard Universal was asking for some pretty hefty licensing fees.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

Those stories about Universal's hefty fees must be true since the announced price is $60 for the first season of Ironside.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Amazon.com has the box art up for McHale's Navy Season One.

I don't want to scare any purists, as it might be a mistake, but the product description at Amazon and DeepDiscount list McHale's Navy as being in color. I have read that it was colorized in the late 80's, but have never seen the colorized episodes myself.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Here's the press release from Shout! Factory on the release, though there's no reference to the show being distributed in either black & white or in a colorized version. Considering this is coming from Shout! Factory, I'd be surprised if it was colorized. If it came from Sony, you know they would offer it in a colorized version.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/press/17...eason_one.aspx

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for McHale's Navy for a long time. I have some great memories of watching this with my dad and brothers in the early 60s...

Now, if only Shout would pick up Sgt. Bilko...

maniacmedia

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Brown
I checked with Shout Factory. Their response was exactly what I was wanting to hear...

The series will be in the original black and white format. We will have a bonus episode that will be in color.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Nuts, that's not good. I may rethink this purchase, even though I'm really excited about the first season set coming out... :frowning:

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I just picked up this set today and after reading the posts that referred to a review that compares the video quality to a " twenty year old VHS tape " all I can say is after watching parts of the first two episodes just to get an idea, I came away quite satisfied - Hawaii Five O it is not - but overall very good actually. Indoor scenes were certainly sharp enough and to some degree outdoor shots had more of a "softer" film look - but trying to make it seem as though they are seemingly sub standard or lackluster for lack of a better word is inaccurate. If you like the show I certainly would not hesitate to buy it. I think Shout! did a decent job with whatever source they used. For the record I view all my tv shows on a Hitachi 35" CRT using a Sony NS 75H player through an S video connection. I do not know what the reviewer used for equipment but as I said, the show looks pretty darn good - despite consistent specks showing up. I was expecting something that was just a cut above your average public domain release the way it was described, sorry but I disagree!

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I plan to buy it. If there are quality issues then maybe we need to contact Shout Factory about it. Not buying means they will assume that the demand is not there and no more releases. Look at Universal. People chose to pass on buying a number of Universal titles such as Adam-12 and Dragnet. What that has meant is no more releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks