What's new

mccloud season 3 (1 Viewer)

whats taking so long for season 3 of mccloud beacuse its been over six years since seasons 1 and 2 came out

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
If you have a region-free player, Season 3 will be released 3/16 from Madman in Australia.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Honestly, I think one of the biggest problems that's kept "McCloud" from getting picked up by another label, unlike "McMillan And Wife" in R1 is the problem of S1. When we got the S1-2 set, the original 60 minute versions of Season 1 were still "missing" and thus all we got were the sloppily re-edited 90 minute combined shows from S1 which really do not make for good viewing. Now that the original 60 minute masters were found, that allowed Madman to do S1 correctly, so frankly I think a lot of McCloud fans would first want to see S1 done *correctly* but then that would make the label feel a need to reissue S2 as well which we don't need, and when you put all that together you may be looking at a recipe for a title that won't sell well in the R1 market even *with* those who are fans of the show.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Jack, I agree that the re-edited S1 shows are not good viewing. It's not that the 60 min. masters weren't available when the R1 release was prepped. The reasons that those re-edits were chosen boil down to two things: 1. They are the only versions Universal have offered the public for 40 years, and, 2. Universal wouldn't have wanted to go back and remaster the 60 minute versions due to the cost when they had the re-edits already on tape. Since Madman put quite a bit more care into their releases than Universal, we got the original episodes from them.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Personally, I think that the best thing for a licensee to do is start with Season 3 and maybe plan to reissue Season 1 and 2 in a Complete Series package as Shout! did with Leave it to Beaver, using the correct Season 1 masters. I hope someone will do this. After Columbo, I think McCloud was the best of the NBC Mystery Movie wheel.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
While down under in Australia Season 3 is being released tomorrow, Season 6 already comes riding by in June into the region 2 area of Scandinavia and I'm guessing it'll be finishing up in August with Season 7, thus concluding Marshal McCloud's original mission.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Do you know if the Scandinavian releases are in English? I see that they have subtitles in the various Scandinavian languages, but couldn't tell if the dialogue was the original English or not.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

They're all in their original English audio only, no dubbing.

Henry, have you already bought Season 3-5 in Scandinavia?

There are so fast...-unbelievable.

They will even release Season 6 at the end of June!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
They're fast yes and I have them, they're not remastered or anything but they look fine enough as was to be expected. One major mistake though; The New Mexican Connection for some reason is left off the Season 3 set, I have no idea why as Seasons 4 and 5 are complete so hopefully the new Australian release of Season 3 is the way to go there, as most fans probably find it easier to wait for those (albeit slower) Down Under releases anyway.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
How can we find out whether the Australian release will have "The Mexican Connection" on their Season 3?

But maybe I take the risk and will buy Season 3 anyway.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
You can easily e-mail them and ask if it's included, I've heard from them before and recently got the confirmation they're bringing out more McCloud seasons so they're usually very quick to reply.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Think it was ITV3 who showed McCloud last year (or the year before), and the episodes were the longer versions. Okay it probably did sound daft, but I liked the sound of the Dracula episode from the final seventh season (the episode "McCloud Meets Dracula").

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

How can we find out whether the Australian release will have "The Mexican Connection" on their Season 3?

But maybe I take the risk and will buy Season 3 anyway.

'The New Mexican Connection' is on the first disc of the Madman Season 3 set (which I have).

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Originally Posted by westumulka

'The New Mexican Connection' is on the first disc of the Madman Season 3 set (which I have).

Thank you for informing me. Are you satisfied with the Madman DVD´s?

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

Thank you for informing me. Are you satisfied with the Madman DVD´s?

I've yet to watch this season yet, but judging from the previous sets I have got from Madman (Banacek, It Takes a Thief, Paul Temple, Ironside among others) I have been extremely happy with their releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks